Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, and unknown. I bought from Brownell’s, and hopefully they stand behind it if needed.
    It is good to see that Brownells now has these. I almost ordered from an evil-bay dealer in the UK.
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-22-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    Brownells allowed me to return a sight pusher even though I made it clear to them that it was not in any condition for resale. I would buy from them if they carry the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Mine worked fine when I cleaned it with a t shirt.

When I found out I was wrong and tried to follow instruction I turned it into a bathroom window.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Mine worked fine when I cleaned it with a t shirt.

When I found out I was wrong and tried to follow instruction I turned it into a bathroom window.
    Please elaborate on this, as my wife just picked up the “appropriate” cleaning solvent from Home Depot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It is best to use compressed air before cleaning the lens.

I spent a fair amount of time last night, and this morning, dry firing the RMS inside, in a variety of lighting conditions, from totally dark through typical indoor lighting. The auto intensity has worked perfectly. I am interested in what happens in direct, morning sunshine, and when the emitter gets moisture on it.

I really appreciate how low the RMS dot sits, at regular iron sight height, and how this contributes to the dot being exceptionally natural and quick to acquire.
    How is it with a weapon light? I ask because my RMR06 on auto will dim in a dark room, but if I turn on the X300 I can't see the dot and it won't be brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    How is it with a weapon light? I ask because my RMR06 on auto will dim in a dark room, but if I turn on the X300 I can't see the dot and it won't be brighter.

Just tested with X300, and in a dark room with the light on, the dot is too dim to be quickly usable. However, those iron sights look marvelous when silhouetted by the WML!

Shield announced a "waterproof" version coming Q2 2018, at SHOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Shield announced a "waterproof" version coming Q2 2018, at SHOT
    With red dot sights, it is smart to dollar cost average by staggering purchases.

Just tested with X300, and in a dark room with the light on, the dot is too dim to be quickly usable. However, those iron sights look marvelous when silhouetted by the WML!
    Excellent point! I forgot this optic lets you use the stock irons.

User Tag List