Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    So Glock decided to partner with an optic manufacturer to pair a specific red dot with their new MOS pistols, and they picked Shield instead of Trijicon, Leupold, or Vortex? SMH.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I am growing impatient. I feel like I might take the chance on this new improved RMSc.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I am growing impatient. I feel like I might take the chance on this new improved RMSc.
    Are they available now?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You can add them to your basket on shields website. Doesn’t mention anything about a preorder so I assume yes? I would have also assumed that someone at Glock would be on speaking terms with someone at Trijicon and that has proven to be wrong. So who knows.

The new “Glock Edition” RMSc may be the solution for me - glass lens standard, and “a strengthened lens housing and upgraded electronics with improved battery contacts.” I’ve been waffling on what to do about a small carry pistol with RDS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    So Glock decided to partner with an optic manufacturer to pair a specific red dot with their new MOS pistols, and they picked Shield instead of Trijicon, Leupold, or Vortex? SMH.
    A European company partnered with a European company.

This isn't surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    A European company partnered with a European company.

This isn't surprising.
    It’s surprising to me in that the pistol manufacturer has such a large share of the pistol market and the optic manufacturer has such a small share of the optic market.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    It’s surprising to me in that the pistol manufacturer has such a large share of the pistol market and the optic manufacturer has such a small share of the optic market.
    That’s a US-centric view, I don’t know that we can say Shield has a small share on a worldwide basis without more info. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Glock worked with them to develop the new “Glock Edition” SMSc with glass lens, tougher hood and improved electronics.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Shield has been a player in the miniature red dot market before Trijicon. Trijicon's first product was actually a private-labeled Shield product. I also understand that Shield is a current supplier to the British Ministry of Defence.

User Tag List