Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

I sent an email to Shield yesterday and received a quick reply saying the RMSw would not be available until April.

I really want to try one of these, but to be honest, I am hell on my stuff. I don't see a plastic lens holding up to me. If it's anything like every pair of sunglasses I have owned, I will have it scratched up beyond being usable in about a month... Lol

@GJM, I absolutely hate buying anything overseas or through an overseas vender, even if it's the MFG. I avoid it at all costs if possible, I want some to deal with someone in the US that I can hold accountable as I've had poor luck with other things in the past and had better luck getting responses from US retailers. Thanks though. I'd also like to see if this ruggedized version has the glass sense that I've heard might be available.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-17-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I sent an email to Shield yesterday and received a quick reply saying the RMSw would not be available until April.
    A dude who's done some of my Glock milling (I mentioned them to you in my pm) said the same after talking to them in person. They also said something about RMS maybe getting a glass lens at some point but that's unconfirmed.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @GJM, I absolutely hate buying anything overseas or through an overseas vender, even if it's the MFG. I avoid it at all costs if possible, I want some to deal with someone in the US that I can hold accountable as I've had poor luck with other things in the past and had better luck getting responses from US retailers. Thanks though. I'd also like to see if this ruggedized version has the glass sense that I've heard might be available.
    I got my RMS from Brownells. They’ve always been helpful for me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I got my RMS from Brownells. They’ve always been helpful for me.
    That is where I bought my RMS a few months back.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'd love to buy from Brownells through the PF link but they aren't stocking the RMSw yet I need to call and ask when it might be available I just haven't had squat for time to sit on the phone with them or anyone else for the matter. I'm really only interested in the w version because the frame supports on the sides look much stronger and the boasted water proofing. Thanks I will get off my butt and call them.

Name:  4FFC96C1-B66B-4F43-8ABA-8E57228CAD72.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  CFC35250-2FE0-4519-BB2A-77A6CCF71BB9.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  22.7 KB

I liked the RMS on the VP9SK enough that I had one direct milled on a VP9B. Here it is.

Name:  84F5B222-468D-49A7-B75C-DCC6D3F5C26F.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  052C71D8-D5E2-4645-9730-6059818A0196.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  29.2 KB

For pure gaming use, the display is definitely smaller than the DP Pro, but for EDC use the display size is reasonable. The best part is how it plays with OEM height sights. Here I have the OEM rear paired with the Night Fision front. With the RMS, the iron sights are very usable until the dot appears.

I haven’t spent much time lately working my draw with the VP9 to steel, so I decided to test the RMS display for one shot draws to an eight inch steel at ten yards. The exercise was to be patient waiting for the dot and see how the speed worked out.

@GJM how are they holding up? Are you tracking round count on them?

User Tag List