Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    How’s this optic working out of for you on the 43x so far? Any problems? Thinking about ordering one soon.
    Completely satisfied. Been using it daily since around October. I use care cleaning it, and have no scratches. Has held zero and is still on the original battery. They are hard to get now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The custom Shield RMSc with GLASS seem to start at $560 (for black) and go up above $600 for the other colors.
    The good news is it's only a 6 week wait time (plus shipping across the pond). IF they could cut $100 off of that, I'd be more interested.

Right now I'm waiting to see how the 6MOA holosun 407K does (since I preordered one for $220).

You guys jinxed me! I stopped by the LGS, and the owner asked to see my RMSc on the 43X, as he wanted one. I told him how well it had been doing, handed it to him, and he said “your dot is out.” I told him to stop kidding me, but sure enough, the dot was out. Worked fine yesterday. We pulled the optic, changed to a new 2032, and since I was on the way to the range, decided to verify zero first thing.

This is a walk back from 10-20 yards, so it looks like removing and reinstalling the optic did not change zero.

Name:  2D55B833-404E-41EA-ACD4-D05A3E92F707.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  26.0 KB

When I got home, I tested the battery and it showed as under ten percent, so again the battery tester proved its value by confirming I had a bad battery as opposed to a bad optic. It lasted from October, which is a little less than I would have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You guys jinxed me! I stopped by the LGS, and the owner asked to see my RMSc on the 43X, as he wanted one. I told him how well it had been doing, handed it to him, and he said “your dot is out.” I told him to stop kidding me, but sure enough, the dot was out. Worked fine yesterday. We pulled the optic, changed to a new 2032, and since I was on the way to the range, decided to verify zero first thing.

This is a walk back from 10-20 yards, so it looks like removing and reinstalling the optic did not change zero.

Name:  2D55B833-404E-41EA-ACD4-D05A3E92F707.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  26.0 KB

When I got home, I tested the battery and it showed as under ten percent, so again the battery tester proved its value by confirming I had a bad battery as opposed to a bad optic. It lasted from October, which is a little less than I would have expected.
    Well I guess it’s good it’s only the battery. You’ll start to have problems with the optic once I make the purchase and it arrives, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Well I guess it’s good it’s only the battery. You’ll start to have problems with the optic once I make the purchase and it arrives, lol.
    I used to break an optic every week, now it is a rare occurrence. Yet to break an Acro or SRO.

User Tag List