Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Agree. The smaller moa Shields seem dim in certain light, where the larger dot is very usable to my eyes.
    Do you think it appears 8 MOA? I have a 3.25 on my G19 and want to put a Shield or RomeoZero on a G43X. I haven't seen a Shield in person, just womdering if an 8MOA dot overpowers the smaller window?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Do you think it appears 8 MOA? I have a 3.25 on my G19 and want to put a Shield or RomeoZero on a G43X. I haven't seen a Shield in person, just womdering if an 8MOA dot overpowers the smaller window?
    Since the RMS has no manual adjustment, you can’t turn a smaller dot up, as is commonly done with smaller size dots. The larger Shield dot size is perfect for my eyes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since the RMS has no manual adjustment, you can’t turn a smaller dot up, as is commonly done with smaller size dots. The larger Shield dot size is perfect for my eyes.
    Agree with George. I got the 4MOA, based on having both 3.25 and 6.5 MOA dots in RMRs, and thinking the 8 would be too large in the Shield. But, while I can live with the 4, it can look pretty small at times, making me wish I could turn it up.

Well, came home from the range this afternoon, and was cleaning guns. Started on the P365 with Shield RMSw, and noticed that top adjustment screw (a teeny hex head) was missing. Not sure what happened, presume it broke off, as opposed to backing out. Haven't had to adjust dot since I got it about two months ago. Literature had normal admonition to avoid excessive torque when adjusting, and included mini hex wrench to that end. Used that, and sight only required minor adjustment from factory setting to zero. So don't think I overdid it.

Estimate about 1,000 rounds through it since then. Emailed Shield this evening; will see what they say.

Has worked great until this. And actually still works fine. Just can't adjust vertically.

Attachment 43171

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Well, came home from the range this afternoon, and was cleaning guns. Started on the P365 with Shield RMSw, and noticed that top adjustment screw (a teeny hex head) was missing. Not sure what happened, presume it broke off, as opposed to backing out. Haven't had to adjust dot since I got it about two months ago. Literature had normal admonition to avoid excessive torque when adjusting, and included mini hex wrench to that end. Used that, and sight only required minor adjustment from factory setting to zero. So don't think I overdid it.

Estimate about 1,000 rounds through it since then. Emailed Shield this evening; will see what they say.

Has worked great until this. And actually still works fine. Just can't adjust vertically.

Attachment 43171
    That sucks. I am curious how this is going to pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    That sucks. I am curious how this is going to pan out.
    So I had emailed Shield last night about 7:00PM EDT

Well, I woke up this morning, checked my email, and had three replies from Shield, the first a couple of minutes past 8:00AM their local time. The short version is that the tech rep said they had gotten a bad batch of adjustment screws, realized that, and replaced them all, which was why the original release of the RMSw was delayed somewhat. Except that my sight had apparently slipped through with the bad screws in place.

The happy ending is that a new sight is being shipped out today, and I'm to return the broken one after the new one comes in.

Can't asked for a quicker reply or better service.

@flyrodr

Can't ask for more than that. Glad to hear they handled it well.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but are they sending the replacement out on good faith or are they doing a charge/refund arrangement?
    Last edited by cornstalker; 10-02-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    @flyrodr

Can't ask for more than that. Glad to hear they handled it well.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but are they sending the replacement out on good faith or are they doing a charge/refund arrangement?
    Good faith!

As it should be. Good stuff!

Got an email this morning from Shield, saying replacement RMSw was being mailed out today.

User Tag List