Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

The custom Shield RMSc with GLASS seem to start at $560 (for black) and go up above $600 for the other colors.
    The good news is it's only a 6 week wait time (plus shipping across the pond). IF they could cut $100 off of that, I'd be more interested.

Right now I'm waiting to see how the 6MOA holosun 407K does (since I preordered one for $220).

You guys jinxed me! I stopped by the LGS, and the owner asked to see my RMSc on the 43X, as he wanted one. I told him how well it had been doing, handed it to him, and he said “your dot is out.” I told him to stop kidding me, but sure enough, the dot was out. Worked fine yesterday. We pulled the optic, changed to a new 2032, and since I was on the way to the range, decided to verify zero first thing.

This is a walk back from 10-20 yards, so it looks like removing and reinstalling the optic did not change zero.

Name:  2D55B833-404E-41EA-ACD4-D05A3E92F707.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  26.0 KB

When I got home, I tested the battery and it showed as under ten percent, so again the battery tester proved its value by confirming I had a bad battery as opposed to a bad optic. It lasted from October, which is a little less than I would have expected.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You guys jinxed me! I stopped by the LGS, and the owner asked to see my RMSc on the 43X, as he wanted one. I told him how well it had been doing, handed it to him, and he said “your dot is out.” I told him to stop kidding me, but sure enough, the dot was out. Worked fine yesterday. We pulled the optic, changed to a new 2032, and since I was on the way to the range, decided to verify zero first thing.

This is a walk back from 10-20 yards, so it looks like removing and reinstalling the optic did not change zero.

Name:  2D55B833-404E-41EA-ACD4-D05A3E92F707.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  26.0 KB

When I got home, I tested the battery and it showed as under ten percent, so again the battery tester proved its value by confirming I had a bad battery as opposed to a bad optic. It lasted from October, which is a little less than I would have expected.
    Well I guess it’s good it’s only the battery. You’ll start to have problems with the optic once I make the purchase and it arrives, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Well I guess it’s good it’s only the battery. You’ll start to have problems with the optic once I make the purchase and it arrives, lol.
    I used to break an optic every week, now it is a rare occurrence. Yet to break an Acro or SRO.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Last summer, I picked up one of the S&W Performance Center 4" Shield's with this PMO on it:
    Name:  11786_03_lg.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  36.2 KB

Initially shot about 200rds through it with the optic to ascertain the reliability of the pistol & the dot. Last week, I shot Rangemaster's dotm with it - Dyal's 5 Yard Round-Up x3. While I was in the mid-90s on each run, the groups were noticeably low & right. Got it, I need more dry practice with the Shield.

What I didn't notice until I got home was that the dot had shifted well to the left within the optic's window. Decided I'd return to the range this week & re-zero the PMO.

I was consistently hitting to the right. After the third adjustment, I was still hitting to the right of the black at 10 yrs. When I tried making the fourth adjustment, I could no longer move the dot to the right. Any adjustment to the left resulted in the screw backing out of the body.

I got onto Shield's website last night for an RMA and had one pretty quickly.

Here's where the dot is now, just above the leftmost fiber optic rear.
    Name:  IMG_3653.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  30.0 KB

Rough round count was 650. Ammunition has been a mix of 115gr /124gr ball from American Eagle, CCI/Blazer and Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Last summer, I picked up one of the S&W Performance Center 4" Shield's with this PMO on it:
    Curious who makes that optic? Does the "S&W Shield" use a footprint compatible with a rms "Shield" brand optic?

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Curious who makes that optic? Does the "S&W Shield" use a footprint compatible with a rms "Shield" brand optic?
    Shield, out of England, makes that PMO. The P/C Shield was all ready for the Shield PMO to be installed on it.

Received a replacement sight from Shield, it was a brand new, not the old one rebuilt. Installed without issue. Powered up fine. Zero'd it this week with 14rds using the wheel that comes with it.

Well, my RMS-w on a P365 has winked out twice now at the range. Two separate trips, both blinks after only 20-30 rounds. The "darkness" lasted a few seconds each time and then the dot comes back on. Not sure if problem is a battery shift or what. Can't replicate it by shaking, whacking on the housing with the palm of my hand, or letting the slide drop on empty chamber. Guess I'll have to contact Shield and see what they suggest. Darn . . .

I like the combo though.

User Tag List