Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Sounds similar to the RMR battery issue. Cut a small piece of electrical tape and put it on the slide side of the battery. See if that resolves it. Do you have a sealing plate?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Sounds similar to the RMR battery issue. Cut a small piece of electrical tape and put it on the slide side of the battery. See if that resolves it. Do you have a sealing plate?
    No plate, and I honestly can't remember if I put any tape on battery when I installed it. I generally do that on RMRs. This is the second unit I've had. On the first one, one of the adjustment screws broke off as I was zeroing it. Shield sent me a quick replacement, with a prepaid label to return the old one in the same box. It has worked fine . . . except when it hasn't.

Can @GJM's Rubrum opticus virus be transmitted via the internet?

Pretty sure I commented in another recent thread, that so far there is no proven great solution for a red dot on the 43X/48 and 365 sized pistols. Hoping the 507K works out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pretty sure I commented in another recent thread, that so far there is no proven great solution for a red dot on the 43X/48 and 365 sized pistols. Hoping the 507K works out.
    Indeed . . . x2.

I spend my days low crawling under houses and other confined space entry and I pocket carry my 365 in a Vedder Pocket Locker. Even with coveralls and knee and elbow pads I take a beating. When my Vedder comes in for the Hellcat I'll start carrying it. While not Sage Dynamics level abuse it will be a good test of sweat and dust and general resistance to abuse. I'll keep everyone posted on how it holds up to work and weekly range sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    No plate, and I honestly can't remember if I put any tape on battery when I installed it. I generally do that on RMRs. This is the second unit I've had. On the first one, one of the adjustment screws broke off as I was zeroing it. Shield sent me a quick replacement, with a prepaid label to return the old one in the same box. It has worked fine . . . except when it hasn't.

Can @GJM's Rubrum opticus virus be transmitted via the internet?
    How did this resolve?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How did this resolve?
    Working fine. Replaced battery, w/tape. Not sure if that was "it", but hasn't winked since.

Figured something on P365 or dot would rust/corrode (been doing a lot of yard work and sweating heavily, with gun in either pocket or IWB holster and getting well soaked), but nothing. Occasionally wipe with wet paper towel, then dry one, then a light wipe of oil.

So, well satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Working fine. Replaced battery, w/tape. Not sure if that was "it", but hasn't winked since.

Figured something on P365 or dot would rust/corrode (been doing a lot of yard work and sweating heavily, with gun in either pocket or IWB holster and getting well soaked), but nothing. Occasionally wipe with wet paper towel, then dry one, then a light wipe of oil.

So, well satisfied.
    Thanks. I keep coming back to the RMSw as an option for my 43.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Looks like they have a G43X/48 MOS specific model now. Comes with glass lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Looks like they have a G43X/48 MOS specific model now. Comes with glass lens.
    Which model is that. Don’t see anything in their site.

User Tag List