Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Really looking forward to see if this RMSw holds up, the price certainly has it up in the RMR territory so it better deliver!

Replacement RMSw arrived yesterday. Mounted in on P365 and managed to get to range for a few minutes to more/less zero it with bulk ammo. Stance was a bit shaky.

(Sherlock that I am, I surmised it was related to the morning's several hours of digging holes for shrubs around the house. Especially when the digging was in good old Southern red clay that had been basically untouched for 40+ years, since it was originally mixed with foundation gravel and well-packed by the building crew.)

Will see how it performs.

Many thanks to Eric and especially Karen at Shield HQ for their quick action and terrific attitudes!

Hello all

I have been following the shield red dot info for some time. We are commercial beekeepers here in Arizona and work in very dusty conditions a lot of the time. My old eyes are not letting me shoot with any accuracy to speak of anymore. I have been holding out for a RMS red dot for my S&W shield that has a more scratch resistant lense. There were rumors a while back that shield was coming out with a more scratch resistant lense. Has anyone got an ETA on that or just still speculation at this point thanks very much.. George

Just got around to looking at a couple of brochures that Shield included with the new RMSw they sent. On several models (RMSc, RMSw, SMS2, SMSc, etc.), there is reference to "an SiO2 Quartz coating on its crystal clear lens". The wording varies a bit from model to model, but the message seems to consistently be that the lens is polymer, with this hard coating. So whether the SiO2/silica/quartz is a separate piece of "glass" that's adhered to the polymer or what, I have no idea. Presume mine has the hard coating, but really don't know - - - although no visible dings in lens yet.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Just got around to looking at a couple of brochures that Shield included with the new RMSw they sent. On several models (RMSc, RMSw, SMS2, SMSc, etc.), there is reference to "an SiO2 Quartz coating on its crystal clear lens". The wording varies a bit from model to model, but the message seems to consistently be that the lens is polymer, with this hard coating. So whether the SiO2/silica/quartz is a separate piece of "glass" that's adhered to the polymer or what, I have no idea. Presume mine has the hard coating, but really don't know - - - although no visible dings in lens yet.
    Thanks for sharing all the info you have. I just put an RMSw on order the other day after PM'ing you. I hope to have it soon so I can send it off to L&M. Did you use all the original mounting screws for your setup or did you order or have some supplied to you when you sent it off for mounting? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Did you use all the original mounting screws for your setup or did you order or have some supplied to you when you sent it off for mounting? Thanks.
    I took the P365 and Shield down to Mark, and when I picked it up, noticed the original screws were still in the box. Years ago, Mark explained his rationale for using a different screw (Seems he said he used different thread pitch with more threads per inch to get a better grip. Just don't remember). He does great work!

I picked up a 8 MOA RMS and one of their Dovetail mounts last week and stuck it on my Shadow 2. This one has their new coating so we shall see how that holds up.

Initial impression after about 800 rounds and one match are very positive. The bigger dot really is better in every way and will, I think, become my default on any optic. Cleaner crisper, more stable ,easier to find and I found it easier to avoid the desire to look at it rather than the target, I think because I don't have to look FOR it.

The mount also did an excellent job of returning to zero when i removed and remounted it , as a by the way.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I have the large dot RMSc direct milled on a 43X. Testing the auto intensity in a range of lighting condition, it seems just right. If this optic holds up, it paired with the 43X is a perfect EDC combination.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have the large dot RMSc direct milled on a 43X. Testing the auto intensity in a range of lighting condition, it seems just right. If this optic holds up, it paired with the 43X is a perfect EDC combination.
    I'm not sure how long you've had the RMSc on the 43X but how does your experience with the RMSc/43X compare with @Talionis here with the 365XL/R0?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So your saying my 48 is incomplete...
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List