Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Shield UK was great about refunding me for the two I had bought directly (one still unopened) after the lens showed bad scratching after a couple months of use and rain exposure totally killed it. Was awesome to use until the issues popped up. Can't trust for edc. Currently happy with RMR type 2. Even if shield were to come out with glass lensed, waterproof rms, it still would likely not be RMR type 2 durable. And might need to be slightly bigger/taller, obviating its one big advantage. Never say never though, lots of room for progress in slide riding red dots.

Site Supporter
    Anybody with astigmatism using this? How’s the starburst (aimpoints are no longer usable beyond 50y on a rifle for me now, as a reference) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the available red dots for use on a pistol have reached the usefulness of an aimpoint on a carbine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    None of the available red dots for use on a pistol have reached the usefulness of an aimpoint on a carbine.
    Hence my reluctance to buy until the durability improves.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    My concern was about astigmatism/starbursting - I only mentioned aimpoints because they're commonly used, but I can't use them due to the astigmatism. I'd like to try my hand at one of these in the coming years, as I think it can provide feedback that could be difficult to catch with irons.

Not trying to be a smart ass :-)

Can you clarify? Durability or feature set? Or just the whole concept for CCW?

Please elaborate on this, as my wife just picked up the “appropriate” cleaning solvent from Home Depot.
    The appropriate solvent is apparently not available here. So the importers gave me an alternative involving earbuds (Q tips) and dishwashing liquid.

After that it was useless.

Before that it was a spectacular gaming optic that worked really well for me.

I carried it for a while as well. While it wasn't great with a X300 the rest of the time I found the auto dimming much more real world useful than the manual adjustment on the DPP which was never seemed to never be on the right brightness.

As a result I have given up on red dots for carry until the next generation hopefully fixes that.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    It is best to use compressed air before cleaning the lens.
    Agreed, I also use a brush for lens cleaning a telescope after application of compressed air. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I'm comfortable using any cleaning procedures for glasses or scope lens to clean my RMR

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Based on the RMS not the RMSc right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List