Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: With friends like this, who needs enemies? Gun folks on gun bans and SD, AWB

Add my congressman, Brian Mast, to the list.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/o...apons-ban.html

Thanks for nothing, asshole.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Add my congressman, Brian Mast, to the list.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/o...apons-ban.html

Thanks for nothing, asshole.
    I saw him on the news the other day...perhaps it'd be better if he were tied to the mast and flogged for his transgression. Another RINO.

(That's sarcasm to you all out there monitoring my posts from outer space. Don't make me get my Reynold's Wrap!)
    Last edited by blues; 02-25-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Some fence sitters told me they are finding this helpful to bring them back to the correct side of this argument.

Why are we allowing the liberal left to determine the narrative and course of action in protecting our children? In today’s society we clearly accept armed protection in many facets of our society. We pay men to carry guns to protect pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters being transported from stores to banks as well as deposits. We accept armed guards in banks. We accept armed guards to protect famous people and politicians. We accept high police presence in major events. We accept armed security in jewelry stores. Yet public schools that are clearly suffering from being targeted remain largely unprotected. Why is that? I have had a number of police officers relay stories to me on how they were picking up or dropping off their kids to school in uniform and were in some cases asked, in others told, they were not welcome on school grounds while in uniform and carrying a weapon as it made some staff members uncomfortable. Add all the gun free school zone rhetoric and all the resistance to police and armed security in schools and it becomes clear that the liberal left bias is what is keeping our schools from being properly protected. Why are we tolerating the least qualified group to assess and mitigate the risk to our children?

Is it better if our kids are stabbed to death or blown up instead of being shot? Countries like Japan and China have suffered school killing sprees at the hands of evil men with knives that rival the number dead in American school shootings. Many are completely unaware that Columbine was planned as a bombing. Those two perpetrators had planned to bomb the cafeteria at lunch and then detonate a line of explosives out front specifically directed at the police, fire and ems first responders. So that would indicate to me that focusing all this energy on gun control is a complete waste of time and effort. See something say something? Clearly that isn’t working either! Case after case reveals everyone said something to include to the top Law Enforcement agency in the country! The evidence is already in front of everyone. People and systems will fail. Other people will never trigger the system to begin with! Look up John David LaDue for a case study of a threat that could have easily went undetected if it weren’t for a timely glance out of a window.

Is arming teachers and faculty the answer? In my opinion it is not. To me it is a half measure. I believe that people should have the right to defend themselves. However, armed faculty are not going to have a duty to run towards the sound of gunfire! There may be a few that think that way but I don’t think that will be the vast majority. Why are we exploring half measures instead of embracing the fact that the only way to protect unarmed people is with armed people assigned to their protection! This is evident everywhere else in our society. I would think that every town in America has the ability to add to its police force and assign them to their schools. This might actually help with the drug problems that seem to be affecting just about every school in America as well. But Im not talking about adding 1 person for 3700 students. Clearly no risk and response analysis went on there! But this would cost money. Is that an issue? Are we going to spend money to protect money and valuables but we as a society are unwilling to spend money to protect children? I don’t think that’s the case. My conclusion is that we have fallen short of putting the correct response in place because we cant get past hurting the feelings of the liberal left that have infested the school systems. I don’t want to hear their cries about creating a police state in schools. I don’t want to hear one more stupid plan to have all the kids throw books or soup cans at an assailant! I don’t want to hear about teachers having a session in school with nerf guns to work out their own strategies. I hate to inform the faculty but the fact of the matter is that every kid with an X-Box has more tactical prowess than the vast majority of teachers at any school. I want to hear from experts that have a proven track record of providing actual security. Does it sit right with everyone that all of congress operates in a armed protected environment but its unthinkable by many of these politicians to provide any armed security for our children? In my opinion, this is why NOTHING has changed. The evidence is overwhelming that banning anything never solves anything or actually protects anyone. Banning only insures that the bad guys are better armed than the law abiding good guys. Lets not forget that a good guy with an AR15 stopped the church shooter in Texas. You CAN’T ban evil determination. I will be just as heartbroken for every child killed by a gun, a bomb, a knife, a sword, or a gallon of gas. I want them protected from as many threats as possible with someone capable of providing that protection. The time for allowing the liberal left to determine the protection for everyone’s children needs to end! We need to counter the bleating of the liberal left with a solid loud voice of logic, reason and something that will certainly be more effective.
    Last edited by shane45; 02-25-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Site Supporter
    So what for the strong support from the GOP - Rep. Peter King (R) of Long Island, NY joining with a Democratic rep. to put together a bill including all the current measure including the assault weapons ban as all of America wants this done. It is not rocket science. However, don't worry, they are not coming to take your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So what for the strong support from the GOP - Rep. Peter King (R) of Long Island, NY joining with a Democratic rep. to put together a bill including all the current measure including the assault weapons ban as all of America wants this done. It is not rocket science. However, don't worry, they are not coming to take your guns.
    He hasn't owned a sterling reputation when it comes to the issue of gun control, our Mr. King. The NRA has rated him a D in the past. I don't know what his current rating is.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    An R behind the name doesn’t mean shit anymore, if it ever really did. I’m a single issue voter on the 2nd, period! Without the 2nd, there really isn’t a guarantee of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    An R behind the name doesn’t mean shit anymore, if it ever really did. I’m a single issue voter on the 2nd, period! Without the 2nd, there really isn’t a guarantee of the others.
    There was a time when I'd have disagreed with that stance. Things change.
    Last edited by blues; 03-05-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Understand that. The lines have definitely blurred over the years, and more so lately.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's sad that this is the way it is. D's continually pushing gun control to where it's at this point means that the R's can basically do whatever they want on other issues without repercussion, and they know it. Gun control is in reality a good-cop-bad-cop, divide-and-conquer strategy that the pols use against all the rest of us.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    He hasn't owned a sterling reputation when it comes to the issue of gun control, our Mr. King. The NRA has rated him a D in the past. I don't know what his current rating is.
    R, for RINO?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List