Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: .380 pocket bugs

Might sound strange, but if it’s a brand new gun, leaving your mags loaded for a few days and trying it again might be worth a shot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Might sound strange, but if it’s a brand new gun, leaving your mags loaded for a few days and trying it again might be worth a shot.
    It's actually a good thought . Thank you .

Would it be worth cleaning the mags? I took PPS mags apart once. Was a terrible mistake . I've cleaned plenty of mags before but how difficult are the 42 mags to get apart and back together?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It's actually a good thought . Thank you .

Would it be worth cleaning the mags? I took PPS mags apart once. Was a terrible mistake . I've cleaned plenty of mags before but how difficult are the 42 mags to get apart and back together?
    Glock mags can be a bear to disassemble, and generally I only do that to change base plates. To clean them, in most cases, you can just shake them and the dirt falls out.

Try some different ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

.380 pocket bugs

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    While I’d say it wouldn’t hurt to clean the magazines, I’ve never seen a new Glock magazine come dirty, or with any preservative inside. Every one I’ve opened was as clean beforehand (when I first got into Glocks). And I’ve taken probably 18+ magazines apart for my 30S (some multiple times, when I added Pearce bases to my 10 rounders). Never an issue. I don’t really go that far into cleaning, since they don’t get that dirty on the inside.

I’m not that familiar with the 42 magazines, but likely not that much more difficult than other Glock magazines. Some people have difficulty, so look on YouTube and see if you can do it. If you want a tool to make it a little easier...

http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/G...zine_Tools.htm

The first brush/punch is one part, and two items below that is the clamp for the 42/43. I have the .45/10mm kit, and makes disassembly easy. People can do it without those, but I prefer them.
    Last edited by Screwball; 03-14-2018 at 07:04 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Almost any plastic follower has some amount of molding flash (the little ridge at the mold parting line). Glocks in general have more of that than some other makes. I've found that smoothing the flash off the follower does make it slide just a little more smoothly and with less drag in the mag body. Very careful not to alter designed dimensions or shapes, and to leave a smooth surface, of course.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Cleaned the gun. Shot WWB and Remington , both FMJ and 95gr. Multiple failures, including a couple where a live round got stuck in the breech even with the mag removed and slide locked back.

It's going back to Glock....

Site Supporter
    Glock is telling me I have to pay shipping because the gun was made in 2016. This was bought new on the blue label program 3 weeks ago or so by me.

Glock seriously doesn't pay shipping for their problem ?

Call 'em and tell them the purchase date. Emphasize the BL purchase. They'll get you a label, just takes some persistence and sometimes more than one contact to get what you are owed.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Call 'em and tell them the purchase date. Emphasize the BL purchase. They'll get you a label, just takes some persistence and sometimes more than one contact to get what you are owed.
    If no joy there... email your region’s LE district manager for Glock. They WILL take care of you.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the advice guys. I really want to like the 42, but I am afraid it's going to end up like the Sig P232. A wonderful gun in theory, but one that never was reliable for me. Glock makes a good product on general, so I hope it all works out.

User Tag List