Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 pocket bugs

I think that was from me.
    http://shop.victorcompanyusa.com/GRI...RIPPY-BAND.htm

I use a decal on my LCP though. Maybe try this: http://a.co/6wLWKcs

EDIT: just found this large, trimmable grip band
    https://gearward.com/products/gripbands
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-20-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tony at JM commented to me a week or two ago, that the 42 is the smallest semi-auto he trusts.

Can anyone refresh me the source of the rubber grip thing I have on the LCP in the initial photo? I got them a year or so ago, based on a PF recommendation, but forgot where from.
    I prefer this one:

https://www.amazon.com/HOGUE-Handall.../dp/B018CUBJDG

I like that it is pinned to the frame. Don’t know if they make a model for the more modern LCP but check Amazon.

Hammertime
    As an aside, I think a dedicated pocket pistol, as a design detail, should have a heel, or paddle type magazine release.

Mag ejections in pockets are a frequent thing for those of us right handers carrying left front.

2) Glock 42. I traded in an early 42 for a recent manufacture one, and so far I am thrilled. The trigger is much improved, and I believe it incorporates various improvements by Glock over the past few years. I am still waiting for Amazon to bring my Ameriglo sights for it, although I recently installed a Talon grip. It is just wonderful to shoot in terms of recoil impulse, and I would highly recommend this pistol for recoil sensitive shooters. I was only half jokingly asking Gabe whether I could shoot his school test in a class with the 42 out of a JM Kydex pocket holster, with my hand starting in my pocket.

3) LCP Custom. I really like this pistol. Sights are far better than the Kahr, it has been completely reliable, and I can get my hand up high without getting slide bite. I have a Blue Force Gear and JM pocket holster for it.
    I have never seen a JM pocket holster. Couldn't find them on the site either. Is it a current offering? I would probably like to get one for my G42.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 02-20-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have a Pico about 300 rounds through it. Originally it had a dual trigger spring. I took mine apart and removed the inner spring. Better trigger now, I believe that newer ones have this same set up from the factory. There have also been reports of firing pins breaking during dry fire without a snap cap.

It's very thin, easy to pocket carry. Sights are decent. The mag release is pull down lever and mags drop free. It's not bad for what it is imo.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I have never seen a JM pocket holster. Couldn't find them on the site either. Is it a current offering? I would probably like to get one for my G42.

Contact Tony, here are two of mine.

Name:  E05707DE-6690-43C3-B4E0-F43C0CBCF091.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  65.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Tony at JM commented to me a week or two ago, that the 42 is the smallest semi-auto he trusts.

Can anyone refresh me the source of the rubber grip thing I have on the LCP in the initial photo? I got them a year or so ago, based on a PF recommendation, but forgot where from.
    it's definitely the smallest that I can shoot with confidence in my own ability to land the bullets where I intend. Going smaller I begin needing barn sized targets.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Contact Tony, here are two of mine.
    Will do. Thanks for that!!

Recent shooting nearby involving a .380
    “The affidavit states the victim was shot six times, including once in the head. The victim has been released from the hospital and deputies said he is expected to make a full recovery.”
    http://www.kptv.com/story/37499495/a...n-bethany-area
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    G42 is the only .380 we have. I'll be getting a second one by summer, I think.

User Tag List