Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 pocket bugs

More thoughts:

Shooting mouseguns well is hard--maybe harder than any other type of handgun. I don't like practicing with my LCP 1.2, and don't do it nearly enough. I'll try to force myself to refresh my skills with it at least bimonthly. I do not practice at 15+yd distances. I focus on 7 yard and under, Gabe type drills.

LCP2: feels ok, trigger is nicer than LCP1. And... not sufficiently vetted for me to remotely consider carrying one. I'll wait a few years and maybe consider one.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I find that the CW380 is actually pretty easy to practice with, I can do 50 rounds of generic FMJ without a problem.
    My LCP on the other hand has a lot more bite to it and I just don't enjoy shooting it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    So is that milk jug pocket holster?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yep.

Name:  bg380 - 1.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  74.0 KB

Site Supporter
    That's a great idea, never thought of that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I find that the CW380 is actually pretty easy to practice with, I can do 50 rounds of generic FMJ without a problem.
    My LCP on the other hand has a lot more bite to it and I just don't enjoy shooting it.
    Between the ergonomic (for its size) grip, nice sights, great trigger and soft recoil, I remember my Kahr P380 being pleasant to shoot; moreso than my SIG P232.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Granted I haven't shot a LCP in a few years, but I was really surprised how jumpy they were.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

All the G42 alternatives discussed here recoil abruptly compared to the 42. The LCP slaps my trigger finger, the Kahr has to be held correctly or it cuts the web of my hand. Other than a 42, I wouldn’t plan to shoot any of them a lot, beyond initial vetting and a few rounds now and again to make sure they are still running.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    All the G42 alternatives discussed here recoil abruptly compared to the 42. The LCP slaps my trigger finger, the Kahr has to be held correctly or it cuts the web of my hand. Other than a 42, I wouldn’t plan to shoot any of them a lot, beyond initial vetting and a few rounds now and again to make sure they are still running.
    I was in a local shooting class that some of my coworkers were taking and we had a 60-ish year old lady there. She went about 250rds with the rental 42 and said multiple times how she was surprised at how it didn't bother her. Says a lot to me.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I was in a local shooting class that some of my coworkers were taking and we had a 60-ish year old lady there. She went about 250rds with the rental 42 and said multiple times how she was surprised at how it didn't bother her. Says a lot to me.
    My G42 shoots so softly, it makes a G19 feel abrupt.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My G42 shoots so softly, it makes a G19 feel abrupt.
    ^ This. Of all the mouse guns I’ve shot (about all), the G42 is the easiest to hit with and the softest shooter, for ME. LSP bought a ton of S&W Bodyguard.380s and they had triggers that made HK DA seem like a good 1911. My 42 is over a 1,000 rds of ball and a variety of hollow points and has never had one malfunction or stoppage.

The bit of extra size and non-blowback action make the 42 very easy to hit with. For me, that’s worth the trade off over a smaller .380. As always, there is probably not a right answer, just a right answer for the individual.
    Last edited by LSP552; 02-21-2018 at 10:28 PM.

User Tag List