Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: USPSA Production rules change

I mean what I mean man, you want to make a friend stop thinking about a stage plan just go and pinch his ass for some WTF factor
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Ha!
    I’ll tell him that.
    The dudes he usually squads with at our club are mostly open, in more ways than one just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One day - there will be a category called - OUT OF THE BOX FOR THE BASE MODEL! As far has 10 round limits in various disciplines, they are a pain and exist to cater to states with bans. But they make me practice reloads and that's ok. I do think it is funny that we plan our execution of a stage around a reload. Will that happen on the street?
    Thats why I carry a shot timer at all times. I can't do anything without the beep. Remember competition will you kilt!

We shoot a local Steel Challenge w/ our Beretta EliteIIs. A while ago I had built up a thumb rest w/ JB Weld on a standard plastic grip. I don't use it any more but it seems to really help my wife. I recently came across the new USPSA Production rules and figured I should see if this is legal even though I doubt anyone would call her on it. So I see this and figure it might be OK.
    " 21.4. Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are allowed."
    I figure adding finger grooves would require adding material but maybe they figure it only means removing material like w/ a round file.
    Then I see this;
    " 22.2. Non OFM grip modifications (addition or removal of material) that provide function, such as a beavertail or thumbrest, or prohibited." So maybe not OK. What is "OFM"? I first thought it was a typo for OEM but it appears quite a few times so they can't all be typos. Also, shouldn't it say ...are prohibited... instead of ...or prohibited...? Typo?
    If this is illegal, I have a pair of wood grips that have somewhat of a thumbrest. Would they be legal?

OFM = original factory manufacturer I believe. Why they didn’t use the more common OEM is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I have a pair of wood grips that have somewhat of a thumbrest. Would they be legal?
    I don't believe so. My reading of it is the grips need to be factory grips or close reproductions of factory grips such as the gun came with. A target style grip (even if made by Beretta) is not what the Beretta Elite 2 came with so would not be allowed.

I was afraid that might be the case. Guess I better find something else for her.

I must have been living under a rock when this thread was started.

Somebody talk to me like I’m a two year old: Do these rules changes announced Feb ‘18 mean that I can put in a (say) Apex trigger in my G19.5 and still shoot USPSA Production?
    Last edited by RJ; 09-01-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Rich, not an USPSA shooter, but was on the Apex Tactical site yesterday and saw this note under some Glock G5 trigger kits:

NOTE: As of May 15th, 2018, this trigger kit is legal for use in USPSA's Production Division (please see Appendix D4, section 21.6, of the USPSA Production Division rules).

Ever since USPSA named Dremel as the official sponsor of Production class, you can do about anything in Prod except load your magazines to adult strength.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List