Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Production rules change

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Surely you're not serious.
    He's still hung over from the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Limited Minor is the true "run what ya brung" division...
    Agreed- I showed up at a special classifier last fall and realized I’d forgotten my Production belt holster and mags. I ended up shooting the whole thing with my carry AIWB rig concealed and a single spare mag. It was fun but it felt like minor scoring was a handicap compared to the standards built around major scoring. For that reason, I wish Limited Minor was a stand alone division. As long as Limited includes both Major and Minor as one class, people new to the sport will feel like they’re trying to compete with people/equipment they have no business being around.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

They're not going to be even remotely competitive regardless, it's all about safety and fun when you're new.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Limited Minor is the true "run what ya brung" division...
    One of my wife's carry is a GLOCK 23C with laser, so it's Open for her.

They're not going to be even remotely competitive regardless, it's all about safety and fun when you're new.
    Completely agree. I was talking about “feels” as opposed to competitive.

Circling back to the new Production rules- I like them. It should be simpler to figure out what class one belongs in if the hardware is already in hand. Let people decide later on how much they want to focus on the Indian (production) and how much they want to chase the arrow (limited or....). Finally, it seems (again I’m a hobbyist at best) to simplify the MD/RO task of checking for rules compliance.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Surely you're not serious.
    Don't call me Shirley! I'm not renewing Serious Radio for my car. I propose a match where everyone pays enough to get a Glock 19 and the match director goes to Academy and buys them from the store. Then, you shoot the match with the gun that common folk of ignorant gun users might use.

Oh, the TV is going to explain why we have the 2nd Amend. wrong and we have no right to assault rifles. I'd better change the channel to the Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    It was fun but it felt like minor scoring was a handicap compared to the standards built around major scoring. For that reason, I wish Limited Minor was a stand alone division.
    Minor is a disadvantage, and the game was designed that way intentionally, but OTOH, you can stuff more 9mm in a mag of any given length than you can .40, so it can sometimes be offset by not having to reload as often, or having more choices of where to reload available to you. On the other other hand, you could just not worry about it and have fun, and on the other other other hand, you could always shoot Production or CO where everybody scores minor. Also, you could just emulate Gabe White and shoot a ton of alphas very quickly. Plenty of options.

Minor is less a disadvantage than it seems if you're nailing 90% A's and can run a little faster than the other guy. You lose points but it's nothing mind-game ass pinching can't solve.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Minor is a disadvantage, and the game was designed that way intentionally, but OTOH, you can stuff more 9mm in a mag of any given length than you can .40, so it can sometimes be offset by not having to reload as often, or having more choices of where to reload available to you. On the other other hand, you could just not worry about it and have fun, and on the other other other hand, you could always shoot Production or CO where everybody scores minor. Also, you could just emulate Gabe White and shoot a ton of alphas very quickly. Plenty of options.
    In single stack, where the difference between major and minor is 8 and 10 rounds respectively, many times there is an advantage to shooting minor. For limited, where the difference is 21 versus 23 rounds, very rarely will there be and advantage to minor.

Minor is less a disadvantage than it seems if you're nailing 90% A's and can run a little faster than the other guy. You lose points but it's nothing mind-game ass pinching can't solve.
    Dennis Rodman reference?

My 12 year old son shoots limited minor. I’m trying to figure out the best way to translate this advice for him.

You’re a funny mo-fo

User Tag List