Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Production rules change

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'll let @Peally explain it: NSFW, lot of doodie-realted BS.

(I'm surprised that Peally has such a potty mouth... )

Long and short:

Example 1:
    You shoot a popper, dead center, and it doesn't fall. So you call for calibration. The RO shoots it and it falls.
    You passed chrono, you hit it dead center, etc. Did the act of shooting it alter the popper?

Example 2:
    You shoot a popper, dead center, and it doesn't fall. There is complex activator sequence (swingers/movers/etc) - so, you pound the popper a few times and it does/doesn't fall over.
    Since there are so many points at stake, you CAN'T just bail and call for calibration. If it goes down when the RO shoots it you get f'd.

People are saying that if a popper takes a good center hit, it should it just be something that is called as a reshoot if the popper didn't fall down... I don't disagree.
    I agree with those!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You are telling me. I typically carry 5 plus the one in the pistol when I USPSA.
    Yeah, I don't think anybody taking themselves seriously while shooting Production runs less than 4 carriers on their belt, and I see a lot of belts with 5 hanging on them. Single Stack is, of course, even sillier, not to mention Revolver. I know I've seen 8+ moon clips at least once.

5 mags on my belt plus one 11 round Barney mag.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Yeah... Beretta's are THE WORST. Total disadvantage!

Yeah they are horrible - BTW, I still have one of the E2s for you in Austin when you want it Les!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    Yeah they are horrible - BTW, I still have one of the E2s for you in Austin when you want it Les!
    mmmmm

While they’re at it, they should do away with the holster / mag pouch positioning rule. It’s pretty loosely enforced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I don't think most aftermarket parts will have a noticeable effect to the field anymore than different guns do.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    While they’re at it, they should do away with the holster / mag pouch positioning rule. It’s pretty loosely enforced anyway.
    That's the easiest to be enforced and is just lazy RO'ing.

If someone's a brand new shooter and shows up with a not legally positioned but safe holster I'll have them move it if they can. If it's something like a holster with too much drop or whatever I'll explain to the new shooter what's wrong and how to fix it for the next match but allow them to shoot knowing that the new competitor will be so far back in the standings it won't matter and the holster legality won't affect that standing at all.

If USPSA wants to fix a holster rule it needs to be the insane allowance to sweep yourself on draw and holster.

10.5.5.1 Exception – A match disqualification is not applicable for sweeping of the lower extremities (below the belt) while drawing or re-holstering of the handgun, provided that the competitor’s fingers are clearly outside of the trigger guard. This exception is only for holstered handguns. Sweeping does not apply to a handgun holstered in compliance with Rules 5.2.1 and 5.2.7
    5.2.1 Carry and Storage – Except when within the boundaries of a safety area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range Officer, competitors must carry their handguns unloaded in a gun case, gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person (see Rule 10.5.1). A competitor who, while not at a safety area or under RO supervision, removes their holster or their equipment belt with their handgun still in the holster, shall be considered to be in violation of Rule 5.2.1 and subject to disqualification from the match.

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:
    5.2.7.1 A shoulder holster or “tie-down” rig (visible or otherwise),except as specified in Rule 5.2.8.
    5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated in Rule 5.2.8.
    5.2.7.3 A holster with the muzzle of the handgun pointing further than 3 feet from the competitor’s feet while standing relaxed,
    5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation of, the trigger while holstered.
    This is pretty clearly a safe, non-sweep version of the DOH holster.
    Name:  DOH holster 1.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  63.4 KB

Ignoring the butt maybe being too low too this gun is clearly pointed inward toward the competitors leg and they'll sweep themselves on the draw and holster as many DOH holsters end up being especially if the shooter has a gut.
    Name:  doh-125.jpg
Views: 1950
Size:  88.4 KB

So with the new rule change and you can have aftermarket triggers now. Can you now change the trigger on your DA/SA pistol to SA only?

Quote Originally Posted by omahatrigger View Post
    So with the new rule change and you can have aftermarket triggers now. Can you now change the trigger on your DA/SA pistol to SA only?
    No. Production is still "no single action only" pistols.

User Tag List