Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Production rules change

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Ok... So I was wrong. LOL. You and Eric Kamps do the really stock, stock gun thing. A lot of dudes spend a lot of time tuning shit up, tho. I agree it doesn't matter overall, but may matter to them. I mean, there is a reason I like running a D-spring in my gun and skinny VZ grips...

I totally agree with this. The problem, again, was enforcement. It was impossible to find a "cheater" and, even then, did it really matter?

I SO wish they'd fix the popper rules...
    I don't know him personally but we're official dude-bros now. I meant "doesn't matter" as it's irrelevant to why I'm spittin' and ragin' at HQ; different springs or whatever is everyone's call on what they like. Totes legal and I have no issue with it (90% of our largely casual shooters negatively impact their guns versus help them with tinkering anyway).

I don't know that it was truly impossible to find cheaters, we're pretty self-policing with the rules (not just in production) and a few have been outed in the past. The cheater involved in hammergate sent an email straight to DNROI about his cheating, but how that was handled gave me a very sour opinion of USPSA's stability and sense. I honestly do not know what under the table contradictory rules an RO may pull out of his ass at a major now and that's disconcerting.

Really the rule tweak as it stands is fine. What HQ has been doing in general this last year is somewhat fucked up though. I wish there was a happy medium between breakneck changes without properly working through them and the comical wild incompetence we had a president ago.

RANT COMPLETE
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What would you change?
    I'll let @Peally explain it: NSFW, lot of doodie-realted BS.

(I'm surprised that Peally has such a potty mouth... )

Long and short:

Example 1:
    You shoot a popper, dead center, and it doesn't fall. So you call for calibration. The RO shoots it and it falls.
    You passed chrono, you hit it dead center, etc. Did the act of shooting it alter the popper?

Example 2:
    You shoot a popper, dead center, and it doesn't fall. There is complex activator sequence (swingers/movers/etc) - so, you pound the popper a few times and it does/doesn't fall over.
    Since there are so many points at stake, you CAN'T just bail and call for calibration. If it goes down when the RO shoots it you get f'd.

People are saying that if a popper takes a good center hit, it should it just be something that is called as a reshoot if the popper didn't fall down... I don't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't care about IDPA, personally. I like Production because it's a great game. I like the added emphasis on accuracy required by minor PF + 10 round mags. I like that striker and TDA guns can compete on a pretty level playing field. And I like that I don't have to use a 1911/2011.
    This is what I really liked about Prod. Good test of plans, level-ish playing field, minor scoring. I love minor scoring.

I am a fun motherfucker on Doodie Project, be warned.

Some people have alcohol. Me? I need the internet to bring out my vibrant adult language and be an opinionated ass.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I'm one of those 'tards running a pretty much stock pistola. 9mm Sig 226....only change was Warren/Sevigny Fiber sight. But for me, it's also still about trigger time on the work model, so I stick to the 'one gun' thing. Do love me some CZ goodness, Though, and a P07 is probably my retirement gun.

On another note, my 14 year old is gonna start shooting Production with me. Think I'll put some LTT grips, a 14# hammer spring, Wilson Short Trigger, and a Wilson rear sight on my old 92G and let him shoot that. He'll have a nicer gun than me for now!

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I'm one of those 'tards running a pretty much stock pistola. 9mm Sig 226....only change was Warren/Sevigny Fiber sight. But for me, it's also still about trigger time on the work model, so I stick to the 'one gun' thing. Do love me some CZ goodness, Though, and a P07 is probably my retirement gun.

On another note, my 14 year old is gonna start shooting Production with me. Think I'll put some LTT grips, a 14# hammer spring, Wilson Short Trigger, and a Wilson rear sight on my old 92G and let him shoot that. He'll have a nicer gun than me for now!
    No... Don't hamper him... Send me your 92G and buy him a popper gun!

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    No... Don't hamper him... Send me your 92G and buy him a popper gun!
    Nope. . That 92G is like 1991 vintage. Among the first imprted into the country. It was my duty pistol for several years, after I finished probation and could carry a semiautomatic (back then we had an approved list, and the issued gun was a S&W M28). I am a middle of the pack USPSA shooter....couple of months back we had a new shooter running a Sig P320X5. He asked if the DA/SA was really hampering me. He had just missed several poppers and hit three no-shoots on his run. I told him, "Not as much as your finger seems to be hampering you." Had my kid working on basic manipulation skills with the Beretta...he said it feels a little big, but he can do it. Think the LTT grips and Wilson trigger will help that.

Does this mean I can run a Seattle Slug in my 34 ans shoot production?

People are saying that if a popper takes a good center hit, it should it just be something that is called as a reshoot if the popper didn't fall down... I don't disagree.
    Failing that eminently reasonable approach, I like the way an RO did it for me once at a L1 match where there wasn't calibration ammo available. (I lost, but felt that the process was 100% fair.) After unload/show clear on the stage, he had me stand where I was standing when I shot the offending popper, load a single round, and slowly and carefully fire a single shot dead center. (They're so much easier to hit that way! ) The popper fell when I shot it with my ammo from my gun, so I could hardly complain about the mike on my score sheet. (It hadn't been painted after every shooter, so we couldn't definitively establish that the first hit was not an edge hit or a low hit.) That approach has the side benefit of not having to wait for the RM to show up, too.

... and I think that IDPA 10-round limit makes some sense in the context of that game where stages are capped to 18 rds.
    It tests some reloads during field courses.

In a 10-rd limited division, it does the same, but it gets pretty contrived: race gear and belts with endless mag pouches, etc.
    Telling a new guy that he needs 4 extra carriers and 3 extra mags is NOT competing with IDPA anymore, really...
    You are telling me. I typically carry 5 plus the one in the pistol when I USPSA.

User Tag List