Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville early May. What to do?

Nashville early May. What to do?

I'll be in Nashville, TN for a week in early May for business.
    I'm staying by the airport and will be in meetings Tues.-Fri. from 8a-5p everyday, i'll have a rental car.
    Might have my wife with me, might not depending on her schedule.
    What is there to do during the week from 7p-11p or so?
    If i'm by myself I'll probably try to find a BJJ or Muay Thai gym that allows drop-ins to workout for Tues. and Thurs..
    If my wife goes she'll probably want to go see something and buy things.
    Neither one of us are bar/nightlife people.
    Any gym suggestions?
    Any shopping center suggestions?
    Any evening tourist stuff suggestions?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I lived in Nashville for four years, and I don't have any good suggestions. I really need to get out more. There's an outlet mall in Lebanon, which is a little east of Nashville, relatively near the airport. Downtown Franklin has some nice shops. I'll keep thinking...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    https://www.nowplayingnashville.com/..._lst_list&view

Date range is 1st through 12th... you can use their online search to narrow it down.

Lots of good music and eats in Nashville, although it's been a while since I last visited. I suspect the hot spots have changed..

ETA: Well, after re-reading the OP, looks like the above doesn't fit the request... Sorry.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 02-21-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Opry Mills is near the airport and would cover shopping from a general standpoint though it is National chains predominantly not much local stuff. There have been issues there in the past with young hoodlums but when I have been which is rare and mostly during daylight hours I haven’t seen issues or felt mischief was afoot. If and while you are there you can walk to Opryland Hotel. Indoor gardens and the like I find it interesting. Franklin isn’t too far away nice downtown strip. Popular with the new urbanism crowd. It should be very safe. Lots of Civil War sites not sure how much you could enjoy those after dark though.

East Nashville is kind of a hipster f*$khead area but has some pretty cool spots. If you have your wife with you dinner date to Two Ten Jack (Hipster Asian with really good Raman and cocktails) then take her to Jeni’s Ice Cream in the same complex. I suggest the sweet potato ice cream.

Can go wrong anywhere there is music. If you can catch a show at the Opry all the better.

There's some shitty areas like every city but if you like food and music it's a good choice.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Bakersfields is a good lunch/dinner and drinks place.

2nd st and Broadway. 50+ bars most with live music.

Royal Range in west Nashville is a huge, "state of the art", indoor range. It's in a converted movie theater.
    Just south of Nashville is Franklin TN. A huge battle was fought there in the Civil War. The Carter House stood in the center of the Union lines during the battle. Carnton Plantation was used as a hospital by the Confederates after the battle. Both are still standing and well worth visiting.
    Belle Meade Plantation (south-west Nashville) was based on horse breeding (not agriculture). Many "famous" horses (won big races/triple crown) trace their lines back to Belle Meade. The main house as well many of the "support" structures are still there. Bonus: the Plantation has it's own winery and the wine is sold to support the up-keep of the property.
    Plenty to do and see in Nashville.

User Tag List