Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OpticsPlanet halts sale of standard capacity magazines.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Might have been something where they thought that they were OK as long as the sales were out of the area (sort of how Colt can make AR-15s in Connecticut)? It sort of reads as though Optics Planet was taking that position, that as long as they didn't sell >10 round magazines in their town, that they were following the law. Somebody probably told them differently (my guess, the local authorities).

They can move here. Plenty of local IDAs will help them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Actually they have not sold PMAG's over ten rounds for quite some time, at least a year ago I remember.

Site Supporter
    A take on this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ooking-deeper/

I'd move my company but economic reality is economic reality. Many companies are in gun hater states.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Unfortunately for the owner of CS Tactical, his main business that is not firearms related is based in California and is very difficult to move with the contracts they have.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They can move here.
    If I were them I'd sure try to figure out a way to move (or at least rent some warehouse space in another jurisdiction to house the magazines). I liked MagPul before they quit Colorado, and I love them now. If I were OpticsPlanet, at minimum I would steadfastly refuse to sell standard cap mags to government/LE in restrictive states. Bravo Company has this policy, and I applaud it.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Bravo Company has this policy, and I applaud it.
    You know, I’ve heard they have that policy but I haven’t seen them enforce it. I’m LEO in a ban state. A lot of my my partners have Bravo Company rifles and not a single one had an issue purchasing their rifles or with service, etc. As far as I have been told, Bravo has been very responsive.
    Last edited by TSH; 02-20-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TSH View Post
    You know, I’ve heard they have that policy but I haven’t seen them enforce it. I’m LEO in a ban state. A lot of my my partners have Bravo Company rifles and not a single one had an issue purchasing their rifles or with service, etc. As far as I have been told, Bravo has been very responsive.
    I interpret their policy as dealing with standard cap mags, not rifles. I don't have any direct experience one way or the other though.

It was 10 years ago or so that Ronnie Barrett announced they would no longer sell to California or New York Gov agencies. It's still written on their website, so I'm guessing they still enforce it.

"Barrett will not sell to or service any California or New York government agencies."
    Last edited by StraitR; 02-20-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    OpticsPlanet is in Cook County. Cook county has the following law, and I can see how it might be problematic for OP. It's not restricted to just possession, and it includes selling or transfer of ownership. What I don't know is if this just recently changed, if there was some court decision that internet sales counted, or if OP got a "knock it off" message.

Large-capacity magazine means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but shall not be construed to include the following:
    (1)
    A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds.

Sec. 54-212. - Assault weapons, and large-capacity magazines; sale prohibited; exceptions.

(a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell, offer or display for sale, give, lend, transfer ownership of, acquire, carry or possess any assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Cook County. This subsection shall not apply to:
    One would think that some clarification might be helpful for them. They haven’t seemed to even mention all of that. If they cited the law and said they tried and failed that might even help. Instead they’ve shit down social media comments and seemed to have left things as they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'd have been better with them saying "Due to margins and market volatility, we are suspending sales of all magazines until further notice."
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List