Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Current state of suppressors - AR specific

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    No reason in particular, but for QD rifle cans, I prefer threaded taper mounts. It's the type of mounting system I've had the least problems with the can getting stuck on the mount or alignment problems causing baffle/endcap strikes or POI shift. That said, Surefire and Gemtech both have very easy to attach mounting systems. I do really like the Gemtech Patrolman direct thread can. We use one at work on a gun we use to do suppressor demos because it adds very little weight to the rifle. For non-shooters, a one pound+ suppressor and mount combo can make a rifle uncomfortably front heavy.
    You gotta check out my Sig SRD556 Ti. I’m a believer in taper mounts after using it. Quiet and light too.
    #RESIST

I know that @Hansohn Brothers is a site sponsor and therefore my worthless endorsement of them makes me a terrible, lying schill, but seriously gents, do yourselves a favor and contact them before making a suppressor purchase. You will get sound advice and very probably be pleasantly suprised on their PF pricing, not to mention their Form 3 transfer time to your dealer. Forum member JLBourne gave them a shot and got a suppressor no one in his state had, at a price no one else could beat, and quickly, too. I feel like it’s OK to schill if they are really that good
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Reduced lead/other bad stuff exposure? I've always wondered how much additional lead exposure I get when shooting a ton of rounds suppressed in semi-autos.
    Wondered that myself. For example AE9FP vs. Speer Lawman 147 which is plated. Or even the time input for my Berry's plated 147 load vs the lead exposure. I wonder what the difference is between an OTM and your bulk exposed lead base actually is.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Flow-through suppressors have significant advantages for high round count training...
    Doesn't that pretty much just mean OSS? Is anyone else doing "flow through"?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Doesn't that pretty much just mean OSS? Is anyone else doing "flow through"?
    NexGen2 Defense also uses similar tech.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You gotta check out my Sig SRD556 Ti. I’m a believer in taper mounts after using it. Quiet and light too.
    May need to start a different thread, but this can caught my eye. The non TI version is reasonably priced. And Sign is probably staying in business.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    May need to start a different thread, but this can caught my eye. The non TI version is reasonably priced. And Sign is probably staying in business.
    I think it's fine for this thread. Just because a can is 5.56 only doesn't mean it's not worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I think it's fine for this thread. Just because a can is 5.56 only doesn't mean it's not worth discussing.
    Ahem: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post711263
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I need to get out and train with mine this year.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I need to get out and train with mine this year.
    Once the weather warms up lets do just that. My Sandman K should be out of NFA jail by late spring.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List