Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current state of suppressors - AR specific

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks. Good to know that this is available. I assume their flash hider works with this as well? I don't want a brake on this 11.5" upper.

My Omega is pretty much a one-gun can, and I'm trying loktite on the mount module.
    Yes, Dead Air flash hiders work with the Key-Mo.

This thread is going to cost me money.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks. Good to know that this is available. I assume their flash hider works with this as well? I don't want a brake on this 11.5" upper.

My Omega is pretty much a one-gun can, and I'm trying loktite on the mount module.
    Ha Hansohn Borther's beat me to it.

My Omega's permanently live on my 9" 300 BLK's on a direct thread so I haven't had issues other that trying to get the freaking end caps off. If your using the Omega on just one gun have you tried just using the direct thread adapter? I prefer it to the QD along with the flat end cap.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-20-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

My Omega's permanently live on my 9" 300 BLK's on a direct thread so I haven't had issues other that trying to get the freaking end caps off. If your using the Omega on just one gun have you tried just using the direct thread adapter? I prefer it to the QD along with the flat end cap.
    Have you had any issues with the suppressor coming loose during a firing session? I've been using the ASR mount on a single rifle but always wondered how solid the direct-thread attachment is.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Have you had any issues with the suppressor coming loose during a firing session? I've been using the ASR mount on a single rifle but always wondered how solid the direct-thread attachment is.
    I've had zero issues with the suppressor coming loose with direct thread. I typically run 2-350 rounds per session. I check tension part way through and at the end and never felt as if it was loosening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

That’s not an option for my use. I need the rifle to work without the can, so a flash hider is necessary.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-20-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    I have a Dead Air Sandman-s and k. I have been happy with the performance, attachment system, etc. I also have an older Saker 556 that I installed the Key-mo on and that eliminated really the only thing I didn't like about it (the mount). If I didn't go with Dead Air, I would have gone Surefire. A friend of mine has most of their cans (556, 556 mini, 300sps) and I have tried all of them out and was impressed.

Flow-through suppressors have significant advantages for high round count training...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why wouldn't one just buy Surefire or Gemtech?
    No reason in particular, but for QD rifle cans, I prefer threaded taper mounts. It's the type of mounting system I've had the least problems with the can getting stuck on the mount or alignment problems causing baffle/endcap strikes or POI shift. That said, Surefire and Gemtech both have very easy to attach mounting systems. I do really like the Gemtech Patrolman direct thread can. We use one at work on a gun we use to do suppressor demos because it adds very little weight to the rifle. For non-shooters, a one pound+ suppressor and mount combo can make a rifle uncomfortably front heavy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Flow-through suppressors have significant advantages for high round count training...
    Reduced lead/other bad stuff exposure? I've always wondered how much additional lead exposure I get when shooting a ton of rounds suppressed in semi-autos.

User Tag List