Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of suppressors - AR specific

Why wouldn't one just buy Surefire or Gemtech?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why wouldn't one just buy Surefire or Gemtech?
    That is pretty much what I would default to. But I'm curious to know what/who else is out there "innovating", if anyone.

Honestly, I forget about YHM/Gemtech/Surefire. Based upon what @Hansohn Brothers is saying about the new YHMs, I'd look at the YHM Nitro or YHM Resonator. I'm also extremely happy with my Sig SRD556Ti, hence my recommendation to look at the Sig SRD762.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My SilencerCo Omega is proving to not be all it was hoped to be. It's a very flexible system (7.62 and 5.56mm), but the mount module comes loose from the can. The mount itself is ok, but easy to attach while not fully tight. I'm much happier with my SureFire and Thunderbeast cans. Far higher quality--but also higher cost.
    I know this might seem like throwing good money after bad but have you tried the Key-mo mount? https://deadairsilencers.com/product/key-mo/
    No argument that the mounting on the Omega's suck but the suppression from the can is superb compared to anything else I've shot or heard, definitely quieter that SF though their quality/durability are in a class all it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Here's been my criteria for an AR can for awhile now. I'm not aware of anything to have changed my thoughts on this, but I've also not been tracking the market. I'm betting you can beat the weight by a lot these days.

• <7"
    • <16 oz
    • 1.5" OD
    • 5/8x24 brake and hider mounts
    • 1/2x28 brake and hider mounts
    • company in business >5 years
    That's a good list to go by. I would add good customer service record. Two newer brands I like are Dead Air and Rugged, their models and customer support are excellent.
    Last edited by Hansohn Brothers; 02-20-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    That's a good list to go by. I would add good customer service record. Two newer brands I like are Dead Air and Rugged, their models and customer support are excellent.
    What about Thumberbeast? Their Ultra 7 seems to tick all of the above boxes and then some, with the exception of the 5 years in business I assume.

What about Thumberbeast? Their Ultra 7 seems to tick all of the above boxes and then some, with the exception of the 5 years in business I assume.
    Best suppressor I have ever used.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Thunder Beast has been in business since 2007. They make fantastic products and stand behind them 100%. One of my 2 personal silencers is a Thunder Beast FWIW.
    Last edited by Hansohn Brothers; 02-20-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Seems that conservative is the way to go in the can bidness. Thunderbeast seems to fit the bill.

SilencerCo was close to the same, perhaps a little more savvy on social media. I think the HPA thing did them in. That's at least what the scuttlebutt was when their downfall was predicted a year or more ago.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I know this might seem like throwing good money after bad but have you tried the Key-mo mount? https://deadairsilencers.com/product/key-mo/
    No argument that the mounting on the Omega's suck but the suppression from the can is superb compared to anything else I've shot or heard, definitely quieter that SF though their quality/durability are in a class all it's own.
    Thanks. Good to know that this is available. I assume their flash hider works with this as well? I don't want a brake on this 11.5" upper.

My Omega is pretty much a one-gun can, and I'm trying loktite on the mount module.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List