Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Current state of suppressors - AR specific

Wanted just one can to start with, as an all around do everything can. for use on a .308 bolt gun for hunting, and multiple ARs for work and fun. Ended up with an AAC 762 SDN. I figured with all their DOD contracts and such, they would be around a while. And within 2 months of buying my can, Freedom Group sweeps in and sucks the life an innovation away from AAC...

But now, I have 6 51T mounts, and loath the ideal of having to go to a different system. I would love smaller and lighter. Just don't want to have to start having a huge mix of mounts. Was very interested in an Omega, my son in law bought two recently. I figured I could get it with the 51T adaptor... but as others have mentioned, the modules seem to want to come loose. That YHM Turbo for 361 looks great, but I have yet to pick up any YHM product and not think "meh". Perhaps their suppressors are better than their rails and such.

Anyway, following this thread for ideals and inspiration. Glad to have access to the folks populating the forum.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Once the weather warms up lets do just that. My Sandman K should be out of NFA jail by late spring.
    Sounds good, GreenOps?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They were talking about the 5.56 version of the can, you previously linked to the 7.62 version. no?

I don't want to split hairs about it. My point was that I didn't want anyone to think they couldn't post about a can in this thread because the specific one they were discussing was 5.56 only.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    They were talking about the 5.56 version of the can, you previously linked to the 7.62 version. no?

I don't want to split hairs about it. My point was that I didn't want anyone to think they couldn't post about a can in this thread because the specific one they were discussing was 5.56 only.
    Yes, was linking to the 7.62 version. Understood on opening up the conversation.

I think the Sig cans are a good value, but the new YHMs look to be way cheaper and are a new design (for YHM).
    #RESIST

Yes, was linking to the 7.62 version. Understood on opening up the conversation.

I think the Sig cans are a good value, but the new YHMs look to be way cheaper and are a new design (for YHM).
    I just got a demo model of YHM Turbo, range day? @punkey71

Current state of suppressors - AR specific

Sounds good, GreenOps?
    Let’s do it. On a kinda related note, Hansohn’s price on the YHM Turbo 556 is excellent, and VERY hard to pass up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 02-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.

So does anyone have impressions to share? I've been looking at YHM, Sig, the Sandman K, and Q Trash panda. The categories are short stainless/inconel or longer titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    I just got a demo model of YHM Turbo, range day? @punkey71
    I am open again nowadays
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    So does anyone have impressions to share? I've been looking at YHM, Sig, the Sandman K, and Q Trash panda. The categories are short stainless/inconel or longer titanium.
    I have the Sig, what do you want to know? it's light, quiet, and the mount is amazing. I suspect that the new YHM cans (example) are cheaper and more easily had.
    #RESIST

User Tag List