Thread: Fort Scott Fort Defense 9mm copper amo

Fort Scott Fort Defense 9mm copper amo

I didn't find anything in a search and ran across these. It is a non expanding solid copper projectile designed to tumble. One thing I did find interesting is the test of 2 20 ga sheets of steel with laminated glass in between. This represents a car door with window rolled down. While not as common as tempered glass laminated safety glass is becoming more common than just high end luxury cars and is used on Dodge Charger police vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWOqUxFWq2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLyla_Db-a0

Presented for informational purposes and food for thought.

Looks like an interesting round and how it's supposedly designed too tumble on impact? It looks like it does good job at there little car door and window test, which is nice.. just not sure about it though I'd have to see some better testing into actual 250A gel and have an expert like Doc testing it...

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    My initial thought was "shoot through the open window", but I can see a LEO slipping & falling after backing up when a firearm is pointed at them while conducting a traffic stop, which I assume is the scenario they are representing.

Would like to see the the results from the the FBI auto glass and 4 layer denim test as that's what I care most about as civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    My initial thought was "shoot through the open window", but I can see a LEO slipping & falling after backing up when a firearm is pointed at them while conducting a traffic stop, which I assume is the scenario they are representing.

Would like to see the the results from the the FBI auto glass and 4 layer denim test as that's what I care most about as civilian.
    Just remember that laminated glass side windows are used on a lot of luxury cars and are trickling down into more pedestrian cars for safety and NVH issues. Both good guys and badguys can have access to them. Shooting through the opening where the windows was is an option if there is a threat in that opening or the angle allows for it but that often isn't possible as distance increases beyond 5-7 yards or so.

It is an older list but here are some of the vehicles that have laminated side glass and some are your common GM, Fords and FCA vehicles.

https://media.nbcbayarea.com/documen...ated_Glass.pdf
    Last edited by octagon; 02-20-2018 at 10:57 AM.

"Tumbles on impact" but the wound channel looks like a straight narrow "ice pick" path.

I'm shocked that a monolithic copper, sharp nosed, high velocity, lightweight bullet penetrated sheet metal and glass better than an expanding bullet.

Wonder what that "tumbling bullet" wound channel looks like without steel and glass in the way and how far it penetrates? I'll stick with the other 99% of scenarios where an expanding bullet performs much better.

User Tag List