Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a kaboom with my Beretta APX!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, Beretta does not do that for sure. The prototype and early production APX pistols have been making the rounds for years. Industry SMEs, military units, gun writers, etc. have been giving Beretta feedback on this gun for some time now. I shot one back in early 2015 along with several others and I was not even close to the first nor the first time they did that.

I am pretty sure they have been shooting these guns for at least 5 years. Many changes along the way as well.
    I can vouch for this as well. I just checked my old emails and I was one of many that shot one in 2013. I know it went through several revisions since then.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    I asked you first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Glock Gen 4 comes to mind as a pretty well known release botch... plenty of Sigs (320, anybody?), Ruger (famous for their recalls), Walther (drop fire - CCP),

http://www.galleryofguns.com/Help/ManufRecalls.aspx

https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/recalls

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...ntary_rec.html

Link above has quite a few current recalls... would you call these products thoroughly developed?

A quick google search would show you almost countless instances of products being released which were clearly not properly debugged.

Beretta's not immune from problems, the Tomcat comes to mind.

This one surprises me though. The vast amount of field testing and the people who they enjoined to help with said testing makes me give the benefit of the doubt to the design and look to a production run/materials/tooling problem in this case.

It's always possible that it's ammo related, isn't it? Doesn't look that way to me from the little I've read, but it's always a possibility.

BTW, I'm far from a Beretta Fanboise, though I do own the referenced Tomcat.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Can anybody say with certainty that a chamber which shows so little case support is acceptable in terms of the margin of safety for significantly overpressure rounds? If I am not mistaken APX is on right, seems awful in this regard from what I can gather.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 02-23-2018 at 07:48 PM.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    Link above has quite a few current recalls... would you call these products thoroughly developed?
    What bugs me are gross generalizations regarding using consumers as beta testers. I don’t think any major firearm manufacturer operates with that mindset for one second. Maybe I’m naive.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    What bugs me are gross generalizations regarding using consumers as beta testers. I don’t think any major firearm manufacturer operates with that mindset for one second. Maybe I’m naive.

Perhaps not, but one certainly has to wonder.

@Hemifender any word yet from beretta? (you know... actual data versus the rampant speculation that's going on?)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    @Hemifender any word yet from beretta? (you know... actual data versus the rampant speculation that's going on?)
    Nothing from Beretta as of yet. My LGS sent the gun back for me about a week ago, so hopefully I will have some info for everybody soon. I'll update as soon as I hear something.

didn't beretta send a call tag for it and ship it on their dime? or are you in a state that doesn't allow that?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    didn't beretta send a call tag for it and ship it on their dime? or are you in a state that doesn't allow that?
    I had to get my LGS to help me with it. When I called Beretta, the rep didn't ask for the serial number, just my email address. Once I gave that to him, he said, I just sent you everything you need and hung up, no joke. When I checked my email, it was a form email with no RMA number or anything. There was no way I was going to just send my gun in with no information at all. I stopped by my LGS, and talked to them about what happened(The kaboom happened at their range). The manager sent an email to her Beretta rep, and within an hour, I had an apology from him, and an RMA and prepaid label to send the gun back. The manager at the LGS told me she would handle all of it for me, so I just let her do it. I was a little unhappy with the first Beretta customer service rep, but I realize that every company has people who don't always do the best job. The actual sales rep for my LGS was very helpful, so I'm happy with the response so far. I'm a big Beretta fan, and I really believe that Beretta will ultimately do right by me with this.

User Tag List