Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a kaboom with my Beretta APX!

They support the troops, but not their chambers.

I checked my own APX and I find that a cartridge sits about as shown in the above pictures. I also checked my stock of fired brass from the APX and I can't find any cases in my stash with even a hint of bulging. I'm glad to read that the OP wasn't injured. I'm quite interested to know what Beretta says.

Hemifender where are you from?

I'm asking because recently there were two instances in Italy where the APX kaboomed in a identical manner as yours. Maybe we are onto something that have to be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by WARDOG68 View Post
    Hemifender where are you from?

I'm asking because recently there were two instances in Italy where the APX kaboomed in a identical manner as yours. Maybe we are onto something that have to be investigated.
    I'm in the US in Illinois. My APX was made in Italy though.

Before we get too far into lighting the torches and grabbing the pitch forks, let's see what Beretta has to say?
    FYI: at least one rep from Beretta is on this board.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Before we get too far into lighting the torches and grabbing the pitch forks, let's see what Beretta has to say?
    FYI: at least one rep from Beretta is on this board.
    @e_stern

that's one
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Glad the injury was minor. In that sense, the pistol design did okay.

I am curious if the ammo burns cleanly or if it deposits a ring of copper, lead, unburned powder, and other detritus that could stop a round from fully being seated into the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    This is unfortunate, but not entirely surprising given it is a new design... and it appears most gun makers are content to let their customers beta test their new stuff these days.
    Beretta (generally) doesn't do that; they have hundreds of thousands of rounds through the APX platform before it was offered for sale to civilian customers.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    This is unfortunate, but not entirely surprising given it is a new design... and it appears most gun makers are content to let their customers beta test their new stuff these days.
    Yeah, Beretta does not do that for sure. The prototype and early production APX pistols have been making the rounds for years. Industry SMEs, military units, gun writers, etc. have been giving Beretta feedback on this gun for some time now. I shot one back in early 2015 along with several others and I was not even close to the first nor the first time they did that.

I am pretty sure they have been shooting these guns for at least 5 years. Many changes along the way as well.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List