Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a kaboom with my Beretta APX!

Note the bottom 2 pictures with the APX barrel on the right. There seems to be less support for the cartridge near the feedramp and moving upward around the cartridge base.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Note the bottom 2 pictures with the APX barrel on the right. There seems to be less support for the cartridge near the feedramp and moving upward around the cartridge base.
    Yours almost seems to have more support than mine, but I'm going from memory without having it in front of me.

That’s quite unfortunate. Glad you’re not seriously injured.

Was there any damage to the FCU?

Wow, definitely looks like OOB.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    That’s quite unfortunate. Glad you’re not seriously injured.

Was there any damage to the FCU?
    Thanks Bucky, could have been a lot worse. As far as the FCU, it looks like the right slide lock is bent, and possibly the rail on the right side, but its really hard to tell. I will say that the APX held up better than some others guns I have seen after kabooms.

Glad you are not hurt too. Don't think I'll be getting an APX anytime soon with that much unsupported chamber.

This is unfortunate, but not entirely surprising given it is a new design... and it appears most gun makers are content to let their customers beta test their new stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    This is unfortunate, but not entirely surprising given it is a new design... and it appears most gun makers are content to let their customers beta test their new stuff these days.
    This. And glad you're ok man. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Hammertime
    Please post a follow up when Beretta gets back to you. That is good factory ammo and clearly the case was not supported enough. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    #notanearlyadopter
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List