Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: SilencerCo going out of business

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The military wants quick attach cans that can withstand a very demanding firing schedule. For most of the things I want a suppressor for, I want a lightweight direct thread can. These types of cans will never get selected for military procurement.
    I would say that second-best would be to at least pick a company that has a track record of military sales.

Or, just find the can you like, buy it because you like it, and don't worry about what someone on the internet thinks of your choice.

"I would say that second-best would be to at least pick a company that has a track record of military sales."
    Yup...that is true.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

It doesn't look like Kevin has any inside info. He is just stating that Josh, Jonathan, and Jason all stepped down last year, which is publicly available info. Obviously, Kevin would potentially benefit if people decided not buy Silencerco cans, so, as always, I would consider the source when evaluating this rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by goosed
    You've personally discussed Silencerco's financial info with bankers? I'm interested in how this came to pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBrittingham (in direct reply to goosed)
    Yes, that's a small world. Remington, Silencerco, and Acusport.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 02-20-2018 at 06:36 AM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I'm highly skeptical of the "bankers" claim. Do you think a professional investor/creditor would discuss confidential client info with a third party and risk breach of contract and/or inability to continue working in their field?

I'm highly skeptical of the "bankers" claim. Do you think a professional investor/creditor would discuss confidential client info with a third party and risk breach of contract and/or inability to continue working in their field?
    I don't know, I doubt it. I think that the truth is somewhere in between; I don't think that Kevin is mounting a fact-less campaign purely to harm a competitor, but I also agree with you on the bankers bit.
    #RESIST

Just noticed that SilencerCo is now back on Silencer Shop, after parting ways over two years ago. Rekindling a relationship with the most prolific silencer dealer, who would likely not bother if they thought the SiCo ship had sailed, is good news for current SiCo owners.

While I appreciate their gusto and moxie, as well as their efforts on the HPA, it seems SiCo may have tried to reach for one star too many. I'm hoping they find a way to restructure their business model, adapt to current market demands, and survive as the innovators they started out to be.
    Last edited by StraitR; 02-28-2018 at 11:07 AM.

I wondered how long it would take to go public.

So which companies supply suppressors to the US Gov?

My first can was an SWR. They folded. Second was an AAC, and while they are still around, the model I got has been discontinued.

Getting spare parts, adapters, etc is pita at best, and often impossible.

Wouldn't you know, I just placed a silencerco Omega9k in jail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

My first can was an SWR. They folded. Second was an AAC, and while they are still around, the model I got has been discontinued.

Thanks
    Surefire, AAC, OSS, and KAC (Knights Armament) supply suppressors to the government.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

Thanks
    The Omega9K is an awesome suppressor. With rifle cans, the .gov types use them a fair amount, so looking to .gov adoption makes sense. I don’t worry as much with pistol cans (they are, for the most part, novelties and specialty items).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List