Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: SilencerCo going out of business

I obviously need to pay more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Dangett. I thought buying a sico would be a safer bet for a lifetime of service.
    Same here. Guess I need to work some OT and get a Q Thunder Chicken now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Crap! When I bought my Omega it sure seemed the company was strong and I felt pretty secure about it.

My understanding is that manufacturers can service the product of others. At a cost, but still servicable.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    It doesn't look like Kevin has any inside info. He is just stating that Josh, Jonathan, and Jason all stepped down last year, which is publicly available info. Obviously, Kevin would potentially benefit if people decided not buy Silencerco cans, so, as always, I would consider the source when evaluating this rumor.

Site Supporter
    I have a saker 556 (the original with the MADD mount) that I quickly put a KEY-MO on, and an omega 9k. Honestly I would not be surprised to see this happen. I have seen multiple failures with both the MADD and ASR mounts, and I don't think either system is up to the quality that I would want. I'm happy with the 9k on my 9mm AR and 300 BLK gun as a direct thread can, and with the Dead Air mounts the Saker really is a pretty great can for a 5.56 rifle. Whatever ends up happening it will be interesting to watch from the sidelines.

Is Kevin now involved in a new suppressor company? He has no involvement in AAC now, right?

Simple rule: Only acquire suppressors which have a proven record of reliable service in demanding military use.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is Kevin now involved in a new suppressor company? He has no involvement in AAC now, right?
    Q out of Portsmouth, NH.
    http://liveqordie.com
    Last edited by EricP; 02-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Simple rule: Only acquire suppressors which have a proven record of reliable service in demanding military use.
    The military wants quick attach cans that can withstand a very demanding firing schedule. For most of the things I want a suppressor for, I want a lightweight direct thread can. These types of cans will never get selected for military procurement.

User Tag List