Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: SilencerCo going out of business

Rumor: SilencerCo going out of business

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brittingham on SnipersHide
    They are going out of business. The creditors just removed the top 3 executives, 2 being the largest single share holders. Josh Waldron's brother is on the board and voted to remove him. They began liquidating equipment over a mont ago. If anything survives, it will look like AAC/Remington and Gemtech/ S&W. $40mil in debt, and the sales and technology are trash.
    #RESIST

I've got a Saker 556 ASR in NFA jail as we speak. This news is disconcerting.......

I really hope not, I own five of their cans, with two more in jail.

Sigh.

It appears Kevin may enjoy bad news with SilencerCo more than many of us with their products.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Tried searching over there, but couldn't find the thread. Anyone have a link?
    Taking a break from social media.

Rumor: SilencerCo going out of business

Damn it! Not as invested as SS but I’ve got 4. This is bad news. I hope and pray this is restructuring and downsizing to survive and not the end; but knowing my luck they’re done. Go freaking figure.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-18-2018 at 11:12 PM.

I have a feeling they blew a massive load of cash trying to push HPA through and when that failed they were left up the creek without a paddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I’m not surprised. They have been dropping way too much money into shit that doesn’t make money (like their MP5SD Suppressor). Along with that, we have the sub standard mounts the majority of Sakers were originally shipped with (I have fished multiple Sakers out of bullet traps), the Maxim9, and the fact that I have seen more cam locks come loose on Osprey suppressors than I can count. The best products they have made were SWR designs and traditional direct thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangett. I thought buying a sico would be a safer bet for a lifetime of service.

The writing has been on the wall and then some pretty much all year.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List