Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G19 Base Plate Printing

G19 Base Plate Printing

I carry a Gen 3 G19 in a JMCK wing claw, AIWB. All in all, I can effectively conceal this gun wearing just about anything I want to. When I wear more form fitting shirts made of thin material, the only thing that prints is the bottom, outside edge of the mag baseplate. It’s one single, tiny hotspot. For absolute concealment, it is easily fixed by wardrobe selection or a tighter belt. So it’s not a huge problem.

However, I wonder if I can find a small, cheap part that would break up the outline a little bit. I’ve seen a few extended grip plugs... perhaps get the Vickers and take some sandpaper to it until I get a nice “round butt”? The Sunset grip plug looks pretty close to what I’m looking for, but having it hinged so you can store an emergency bullet inside seems pretty bootleg. Perhaps even a cheap Magpul magwell? Just need something that breaks up the sharp edges and doesn’t add any more length to the grip than the stock Glock baseplate. I’d hate to spend $100+ for a legit magwell just for this one inconsequential need.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crews; 02-18-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Site Supporter
    I have some of the now discontinued plastic versions of the slug-plug. It sort of fills in the gap and breaks up the hard angle created by the back of the magazine. Is that what you were thinking?
    Name:  SchererPlugs.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  17.4 KB

Yessir, that’s pretty close. Basically I’m looking for a grip plug that serves like an “HK cut” on a grip chop. Looks like these might be an option if one can be found.

The Vickers grip plug with the integral takedown tool has the same general silhouette and easy to find.

I use the brass Seattle Slug that does a similar thing.

civiliandefender.com

My solution was either Vickers baseplates or a magpul magwell. Both remedied the issue.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Do y’all feel like that Vickers plug could be sanded on and contoured to my liking? Does the bottom of it sit flush with a Glock baseplate?

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    Do y’all feel like that Vickers plug could be sanded on and contoured to my liking? Does the bottom of it sit flush with a Glock baseplate?

Not sure. It may be hollow?

Here’s a size comparison of the Taylor Freelance Seattle Slug and the Vickers. The Seattle Slug is very round and organic looking.

civiliandefender.com

Thanks for the picture, that is helpful!

Site Supporter
    Any suggestions for something similar for a G26?

The slug looks cool-once I get over the fashion faux pas of putting shiny brass on soulless tupperware.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

User Tag List