Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I felt the magic today

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a 4" Model 15 and a 4" Model 19, and love them both. They are going to two of my favorite nephews, I never want them to leave the family.
    We were issued the 2" in the M15, and 2.5" in the M19. I've never shot either model with a longer barrel since we were not in uniform and had none in our inventory. I'll bet they're awesome.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We were issued the 2" in the M15, and 2.5" in the M19. I've never shot either model with a longer barrel since we were not in uniform and had none in our inventory. I'll bet they're awesome.
    They really are. I'm probably going to hunt down two like you had. But a 2.5" Model 66 also sounds very interesting.

The 4" Model 15 was a prison hospital administrator's gun in California. Barely any muzzle wear, and no turn ring when I got it. Best of all, the inventory number was stamped into the grips, and not the frame.

I shot it all day at the last HiTS Revolver Roundup, and it performed very well.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    One gun I shot recently and loved was teh 3" Wiley Clapp Ruger GP100. That is definitely on the list for my next wheelgun purchase, as far in the future as that may sadly be...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    The only advantage of the L frame is if you are shooting lots of .357 mag. Otherwise, K frame all the way for me. I only have 3 now, and they aren’t going anywhere. My 1st LSP duty gun, a 4” 66-1, a 4” 65 carried much in plainclothes and an issued 2 1/2” 66, bought when I retired. I don’t shoot them much anymore, need to change that.

I’ve shot a metric ton of wadcutters through K frames when actively competing in PPC back in the Stone Age. Wish I still had my competition revolvers, along with the MANY K frames that passed through my hands over the years.

.38s and wadcutters......great stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wish I had the old Model 15 and 19 I was issued on the job years ago. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the L frame 686+ I own currently.
    There was something special about those old blue steel beauties, though.
    I've had a bunch of revolvers but have thinned the herd a bit. The K frames I have left will never be let go. Grandpa's 4" Model 15, Dad's 4" 19 and my own 2.5" 66-1 that was a DOC issue gun that needed some work. I have others that I used to shoot in ICORE and USPSA one was a 6" Model 14-3 that I sold. I still have the 5" 625. Can't make up my mind on converting it to .460 Rowland or not. I shoot autos now but still love a good revolver and it just got even better with this "epiphany".

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    They really are. I'm probably going to hunt down two like you had. But a 2.5" Model 66 also sounds very interesting.

The 4" Model 15 was a prison hospital administrator's gun in California. Barely any muzzle wear, and no turn ring when I got it. Best of all, the inventory number was stamped into the grips, and not the frame.

I shot it all day at the last HiTS Revolver Roundup, and it performed very well.
    2.5" 66's are very interesting!

Attachment 23860
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 02-18-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Tomorrow I'll order up a bunch of coated full wadcutters to work up loads for.
    I'll save you some work: 3 grains of Bullseye. Thank me later.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I had a box of 500 Zero DEWCs that I loaded up last month over 2.8 grains of Bullseye. I haven't shot my M14s in years. Need to fix that oversight.

In the late spring of 17 I picked up a Colt Officer's Model Match 38 and it has proven to me that Colt at it's best could honestly say their target revolvers were the best. This one was built in 1964 and it's been used but in beautiful condition. Appears to be an old bullseye gun, Probably carried in a pistol box as there is no holster wear on this old beauty. It loves the wadcutter and 2.8 grains of Bullseye.

Site Supporter
    I have a 2.5" model 19 and a custom 3" (had the barrel cut). The 2.5 has some kind of trigger work done, but I still prefer the 3"

Name:  M193inch.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  99.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'll save you some work: 3 grains of Bullseye. Thank me later.

Okie John
    THIS!!!

User Tag List