Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPVO vs. Bigger Optic and Offset RDS

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I can tell you that offset and piggybacked does not work well at all. I had this setup with a Docter over a Nightforce on a Larue mount.
    Are you referring to something like this? Name:  Teemu_Rintala_at_the_2017_IPSC_Rifle_World_Shoot.jpg
Views: 5015
Size:  62.1 KB
    Last edited by Talionis; 02-18-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    Are you referring to something like this? Name:  Teemu_Rintala_at_the_2017_IPSC_Rifle_World_Shoot.jpg
Views: 5015
Size:  62.1 KB
    No, this:

Name:  97BB9329-6411-415C-B661-FA852DEC6E0D.jpg
Views: 2073
Size:  55.3 KB
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue...achment-lt137/
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Oh, yeah. That looks terrible.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    My experience doesn't match that at all. Using a T1 size offset RDS on a 45degree mount my vision on the target plane is very similar to that of my rifle with a traditionally mounted T1 size RDS. More is blocked below the target plane, but that isn't really a concern for my use of the gun. In fact, I can see more by canting the gun than I can by looking over the scope body as with a piggyback MRDS.

I guess all that really says is that everyone's vision and preference is unique to them.
    What mount are you using?

I'll post some pics tomorrow. My setup never worked well but I always suspected the mount was part of the problem and I wasn't willing to spend a small fortune on different offset mounts.

LaRue makes a ring half for the RMR that is decent LT742. It puts the RMR at a real small rotation. Id wager round 30 degrees, maybe less. I had it on my 18" heavier barreled upper that has a 2-10 on it as the primary optic. I was pretty decent. Dont have to roll the rifle very far to get a dot image. I have offset BUIS on my LPVO carbine and there is a HUGE difference in how little you have to roll the rifle with the LaRue ring half. No matches with it, so cant comment on how effective it is under stress.

User Tag List