Thread: Would appreciate some input on pricing a revolver I'm thinking of selling.

Would appreciate some input on pricing a revolver I'm thinking of selling.

I'm not a revolver guy but I do have one I'm thinking of selling. I'm sure you guys can help me price it as I have no clue.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks in advance for your input.
    SCD
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 02-17-2018 at 12:23 PM.

I paid $600 for a similar sample a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Agreed - a no dash with a pinned barrel does bring a better price.

Stainless sights mean that’s a very early M-66 so there may be a collector’s premium. I’d jump onto the S&W forum and research it there.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I bought three 66-1s last year for 500 each. A collector will pay more for the no dash. But I Avoided the no dash 66s because of the cylinder binding issue and I prefer the red ramp. If it was in good condition and locked up tight it would be in my LGS for 600-800, meaning he bought it for 300-500
    Last edited by Poconnor; 02-17-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Wasn’t it DB who said he always carried an extra 200-300 cash for just these kind of questions

No-dash guns do carry a premium for collectors, but that is not a collector gun--it lacks the original grips, box, tools and papers and shows wear from carrying and shooting. In other words, it's an honest gun that's lived a gun's life. Still a $600 gun any day of the week here in Oregon.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I'd go onto Gunbroker and look at completed auctions for Model 66s.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List