Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help picking a JMCK AIWB for Glock 19

Help picking a JMCK AIWB for Glock 19

So I just picked up a Glock 19 and want to get a holster for it. I like my JMCK AIWB for Glock 43 so I figured I'd start there. Trouble is there are 4 or so configurations available from the quick ship. I don't think the George will work because I'm not slim (6'2" 215 with a 36" waist band). I also know I want a wing/claw as it made a difference in my 43 carry. Aside from that I'm not sure where to go. While I know everyone's body is unique, I figured it was worth an ask for opinions prior to dropping $100.

How much of a difference does the foam wedge vs. pad provide? Is extra length available/necessary in the G19? I have the extra length in the G43 and still find it rolling sometimes. How secure is the quick clip vs. pull the dot?

Thank you in advance.

I am sure Tony will be around shortly but I am in a similar position and it seems like the go to answer these days is:
    Wing claw 2.5
    Wide attachment pull the dots
    Might as well order with the pad and wedge I believe you can switch them as they are Velcro
    19 vs 17 length is a tough call. I would start with 19 length. Between the wedge and the of you should be fine.
    Last edited by Amurr; 02-17-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delkancott View Post
    So I just picked up a Glock 19 and want to get a holster for it. I like my JMCK AIWB for Glock 43 so I figured I'd start there. Trouble is there are 4 or so configurations available from the quick ship. I don't think the George will work because I'm not slim (6'2" 215 with a 36" waist band). I also know I want a wing/claw as it made a difference in my 43 carry. Aside from that I'm not sure where to go. While I know everyone's body is unique, I figured it was worth an ask for opinions prior to dropping $100.

How much of a difference does the foam wedge vs. pad provide? Is extra length available/necessary in the G19? I have the extra length in the G43 and still find it rolling sometimes. How secure is the quick clip vs. pull the dot?

Thank you in advance.
    I'm about your size and on Tony's advice I went with a wing claw 2.0 because it's more adjustable and I'm carrying a Beretta 92, not a G19. I bought a wedge only, but I'd recommend buying the wedge and pad so you can play around with them. I chopped and rounded the fat part of the wedge for comfort.

I would like the butt of the pistol to be a bit closer to the top of my belt, but if I set the holster that way the wedge is too close to my junk for comfort. So if I had a G19 I'd carry it in a G19 holster.

I use pull the dots IWB and AIWB and they have never come loose.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I have a G19 sized "George" which is used mostly for a G26, but also for a G19...and with the tall wedge from Mastermind I find that a claw is not necessary to tuck the grip, and it keeps the corner from poking out.

Fit is so individual in terms of torso length, width etc that it's nearly impossible to determine which of three or four good choices is the optimal one.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm 5' 10", 210lb. I have a 2.0 wing for my 19 and it's too short. It wants to roll out of my belt, because of the shape of my gut. I have a Mastermind for the 17 that does the same. I'm ready to order something for a G34, now. That might seem long, but I've been comfortably wearing a 5Shot SME for a government model 1911, so the longer length might be just what I need

I just ordered a wing claw rig from Tony this week, as I'm hoping my CCO will come back from nighthawk soon (RMR milling), and I ordered it for the longer government model

I definitely recommend going with a longer length holster - for me, the 19 length still wants to roll the butt of the gun forward over the belt line, or at least feels that way. And it's something I didn't notice until wearing it a good bit. Using a longer holster keeps it a lot more rigid. I'm 6'/150 FYI.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I have an M&P 2.0 compact, same size as a g19. I went with a wing claw 2.5, wide pull the dots, and a large wedge. I couldn't be happier with this holster. It may take a while to find the exact position and height adjustment, but once you do, it's really comfortable

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you in advance.
    delkancott the foam wedge gives you more muzzle tilt than the pad and it can be scaled to fit you better (instructions are included). If you are wanting a quick on off holster, then my suggestion will always be pull the dot loops. They are by far the best solution for not having to thread your belt on and off and they offer stability, strength, and let the holster move with you a bit. If you want to go with a clip on style, then the Wing Claw 2.0 with the RCS overhooks is the better option. For a clip style they work really well and are the best option out there right now. They are strong and easy to use, and will stay on your belt. However, they attach at the bottom of the holster and offer less adjustment and are much harder to adjust ride height should you need to.

As for the extra length, I pretty much always suggest at least the 19 length, but since you say the 43 long you have is rolling out sometimes, and the long is the same length as the 19, than I would suggest the 17 length at a minimum, if not the 34 length(FYI, the 34's in our Wing Claw 2.5 and 2.0, George, and AIWB are going to be quick ships this week, and we will treat yours like a quick ship if that is what you order, as long as it is in one of the 5 quick ship colors).

If I was going to suggest a holster for you, I would say Wing Claw 2.5, Glock 17, wide hole pattern, guard (get full as we can trim a full down if need be, but I cannot add material to a mid or no guard if you get one of those and decide you want more guard), normal neoprene wedge.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thank you @Tony Mayer

I will be placing an order today. Just to confirm, even though I'm holstering a 19, I'm ordering a holster for the 17/22? I presume this means they are all the same width, just length differences.

Thanks again

Thank you @Tony Mayer

I will be placing an order today. Just to confirm, even though I'm holstering a 19, I'm ordering a holster for the 17/22? I presume this means they are all the same width, just length differences.

Thanks again
    That's correct, del. The longer holster will fit the 26, 19, 17. There may be minor differences in width which the holster will accommodate.
    Last edited by blues; 02-18-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List