Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UBG Holster...Anybody Using Them?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Rosen and Aratoonian both make excellent holsters; Toon’s boning is literally the best in the world. I own a couple toons and a lovely full rig from Rosen. However, Rosen was a legendary jerk on the phone to several of my acquaintances, and Toon won’t make holsters in the cocked and locked position because he feels they’re unsafe.

Man, I wish Aratoonian would pull his head out. They’re truly choice.

I’ve heard that about Rosen but never experienced that personally with maybe 6 or so interactions over the years. Most recently, my fiancé ordered a 5JR as a Christmas gift to me. They went out of their way to inquire if it was a gift and made sure it arrived before Christmas. Just my personal experiences.
    Last edited by LSP552; 02-17-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    They went out of their way to inquire if it was a gift and made sure it arrived before Christmas.
    The operative word may be “they.” My friends who had bad experiences (20 years ago) dealt directly with Mr. Rosen, who was consistently not very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The operative word may be “they.” My friends who had bad experiences (20 years ago) dealt directly with Mr. Rosen, who was consistently not very kind.
    Understand. I wasn’t very clear. My interactions were with Mich himself, mostly asking product related questions and placing orders. I’m not sure who my Fiancée spoke with, which is why I say they and not him.

I’m not questioning anyone’s experience, hope it didn’t come across that way. Just sharing my personal experiences, along with the fact that the “shop” went out of their way to ask if her order was a present and guaranteed it would be finished before Christmas. They didn’t have to ask that.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Understand. I wasn’t very clear. My interactions were with Mich himself, mostly asking product related questions and placing orders. I’m not sure who my Fiancée spoke with, which is why I say they and not him.

I’m not questioning anyone’s experience, hope it didn’t come across that way. Just sharing my personal experiences, along with the fact that the “shop” went out of their way to ask if her order was a present and guaranteed it would be finished before Christmas. They didn’t have to ask that.
    my indirect experience is more than offset, and I’m glad to hear it.

My experience with Mitch Rosen was also excellent, though it was over twenty years ago. I was a poor law student looking for a nice rig for my gen2 G19. We talked (somewhat late at night on a week night) and he not only gave me discount on a full set (holster, mag pouch, belt) but advice on suits and good restaurants in the area which he used to know.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

UBG Holster...Anybody Using Them?

UBG sounds like a joke.

I’ve had nothing but good experience with Andy and Mitch. In fact, I may get a shoulder rig from Mitch for wear under my lab coat.

I think a not inconsequential factoid that gets overlooked both by us (we take it for granted) and by some makers (but not JMCK, DSG, 5 Shot, JRC, Keepers, etc.) is that WE shop for holsters that we actually use in real life, to carry guns that we rely on for life safety purposes.

I can promise you that the Affliction shirt, skinny jean boob you just saw open carrying at Sam’s Club with his generic SERPA and Taurus 1911 gave ZERO thought to his weapon nor carry gear selection.

Yes...in Ayoob’s Survival Priorities, “Equipment,” is in last place, but you have to possess the proper mental preparedness and mental awareness to know what you need for your particular mission.

99.9% of holstermakers our there are filling a market niche, that is frequented by the 1911 Taurus/SERPA market buyer. There’s very little money in providing gear for the 0.1% of the 1%.

So buyer beware.

civiliandefender.com
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 02-19-2018 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Fat fingers!

Andy Arratoonian presents with Parkinson’s disease. He still makes leather gear, but he is past age 80....
    I swear by his 22H rig for OWB carry.

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Andy Arratoonian presents with Parkinson’s disease. He still makes leather gear, but he is past age 80....
    I swear by his 22H rig for OWB carry.
    Was sad to find this out on his website when I ordered from him about 4 months back, looks like he is running a pretty hefty backlog now following his announcement.

All of my favorite leather rigs have been 5 Shot. John does incredible work.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List