Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Most shootable snub?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Is there something about the G26 that makes you move away from it?
    I’m glad some asked this. Respectfully answered, too.

If I ever went revolver carry, my 2 1/2 model 19 would fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I just put a Ruger SP101 three inch on lay away for my wife. I think they are kind of heavy for 5 shots but that weight makes they nice to shoot
    That's a sweet shooter. She's gonna love it. I'd sure like to see a special run of those 3 inchers with the Novak sights like the short barrel Wiley Clapp version had. The tapered cylinder would be nice, too.

Very fond of my SP101:

Name:  P1070419 sized .jpg
Views: 789
Size:  96.5 KB

Just get yourself a standard 642, practice with wadcutters (a lot) and carry +P. Great little gun especially with the right grips. I recommend Boot grips by any of several makers.

Most shootable snub?

My vote is for the 640 Pro. If I don’t wang on the trigger, it’ll send 148 grain wadcutters really straight through one ragged hole. Mine didn’t need a spring kit. I also have a 442 when I need gym short/board short solutions. I use a Bob Mac Clip on. I also carry this on my ankle as a BUG, both on duty and when in sketchy areas.

civiliandefender.com
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 02-18-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I did not notice any sort of false wall, or stacking when firing more rapidly. I did notice that it’s easy to short-stroke the trigger. This goes for any lighter wheelie pull; LCR, Kimber... the easier the trigger (and lighter the return), the more I have to be on guard and make an effort to get off the trigger on the return. The LCR was the most problematic for me, but the Cobra is easy to short stroke. I’ve never shot a K6, but I could tell while dry firing one that I would need to take extra care on the return at first. Conversely, I don’t think I’ve ever short stroked the trigger on any of the GP100s I’ve owned.

I might be off base on this, and it’s always possible that an individual revolver could have a fitment/tolerance issue. You have any way to video the gun while you dry fire it?
    I don't think you can short stroke a GP100 like a S&W.

On my GP100, if I fail to reset the trigger fully, the mechanism won't let me pull the trigger.

On the other hand, it was pretty easy for me to roll past a chamber on my 686 by not resetting fully. It also happened to me on a S&W .38 in a sims exercise.

This is one reason I prefer my GP100 to the 686 it replaced.
    Last edited by Edster; 02-18-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    My vote is for the 640 Pro.
    Sherm! How the hell are ya? Good to hear from you dude, I thought you gave the whole internet a break but I haven't been on PF in quite some time. Appreciate your input as always.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Sherm! How the hell are ya? Good to hear from you dude, I thought you gave the whole internet a break but I haven't been on PF in quite some time. Appreciate your input as always.
    Hi Tom! I’m good. I don’t social media anymore but I stay current here at PF and I still publish essays on my website when I have something worthwhile to say. I’m a fan of J frames as you know, but I think you could use an LCR in a similar role. I have a DSG Hitchhiker I use for the LCR, and it works good with shorts but the same rig becomes rock solid with a thick leather or Wilderness Frequent Flier belt. Highly recommended!

civiliandefender.com

I love these guns. I had at one time about 10 or so. Here’s my takeaway: You notice a difference in recoil about every 3-5 oz. These little things start at 10.7 oz, 12.5, 13.5, 14, 20, 23, 25 or so. The heavier the more enjoyable / tolerable they are to shoot. Ammo selection counts too. Don’t discount grips. You need one that covers the backstrap. Some grips are heavy, like the Pachmayr compacts, I think weigh about 4 oz. alone. Currently, I carry frequently an 11 oz. 351c, in .22WMR. I love my 640 .357 too. I have learned I hate a 10.7 342PD with even just wadcutters-NO FUN.

Agree with the others:

Good grips, look for optimum sight options.

Lastly, the J frames I have sampled lately have had good triggers. S&W rep at J frame booth NRA last year, told me they have resprung alot of them. The proseries, basically have improved springs, the “performance center” marked ones have had internal polishing.

For me the J frame is a good balance between real risk, my kiddos safety, wearability.

Dave
    Last edited by Polecat; 02-19-2018 at 08:51 AM.

My vote is for the 640 Pro. If I don’t wang on the trigger, it’ll send 148 grain wadcutters really straight through one ragged hole. Mine didn’t need a spring kit. I also have a 442 when I need gym short/board short solutions. I use a Bob Mac Clip on. I also carry this on my ankle as a BUG, both on duty and when in sketchy areas.

civiliandefender.com
    My favorite small frame snubby, real sights, no self activating lock. I wish they would do the same in an alloy frame.

civiliandefender.com
    What grips are on you gun?

User Tag List