Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Most shootable snub?

Most shootable snub?

I am in the market for a ~2" revolver for daily AIWB carry. It will be my primary carry gun and be shot weekly for practice. I currently have an alloy J frame that fits the size requirement but is not a shooter's gun IMO.

I'm shopping the K6, Night Cobra, SP101 Wiley Clapp, and the 640 Pro Series. I am familiar with the specs of all of them, I'm hoping to find first hand info from someone who has shot them for more than a cylinder or two.

I've owned a bunch of wheelguns over the years and think a GP100 or a K Frame are going to be too big/heavy for what I need.

For someone who wants to shoot it a bunch, what smaller snub do you consider most viable?
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

I have a bunch of 2" barrel guns, both S&W and Colt. The gun with the best sights IMHO is the 640 Pro. It shoots a little low for me with most loads, but man you can really see the sights. If you are going to shoot a bunch you definitely want a steel framed gun like the 640 Pro. An older 3" Model 36 heavy barrel might be another worthwhile gun to check out. The heavy barreled ones will have a wider front sight than the skinny barrel variant and would be my choice if I couldn't afford a 640 Pro or wanted an external hammer.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Sp-101 WC good sights. Shoot the full magnum loads in comfort. The steel J frames not so much.

Thanks guys. The draw for the 6th round in a K6 or Cobra is hard to ignore, but shooting the gun well is my primary goal.

A 6 round SP101 would be bliss...
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Perhaps go with a steel frame J frame with better sights for range / shooter weapon. Keep the alloy J frame for EDC. Similar platform for a trainer.

JW

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Model 60? Colt Detective Special?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    Perhaps go with a steel frame J frame with better sights for range / shooter weapon. Keep the alloy J frame for EDC. Similar platform for a trainer.

JW
    I'm going to keep the alloy J for those board shorts days, but I intend for this to become a primary EDC and want real sights on it. The weight of a steel gun is about the same as the G26 I'm carrying now, so I'm not really hunting for the lightest option, just the best mix of size and shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    I am in the market for a ~2" revolver for daily AIWB carry. It will be my primary carry gun and be shot weekly for practice. I currently have an alloy J frame that fits the size requirement but is not a shooter's gun IMO.

I'm shopping the K6, Night Cobra, SP101 Wiley Clapp, and the 640 Pro Series. I am familiar with the specs of all of them, I'm hoping to find first hand info from someone who has shot them for more than a cylinder or two.

I've owned a bunch of wheelguns over the years and think a GP100 or a K Frame are going to be too big/heavy for what I need.

For someone who wants to shoot it a bunch, what smaller snub do you consider most viable?
    Tom Lt Dave IS RIGHT stick with steel for a lot of shooting. I have a K6S that i like a lot,500 or so rds thru it. It handles 357 well,heavy to carry but not bad,loaders for it are backards. But Sidhshooter said 5 Star will custom make loaders with clockwise twist....CYA Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

The most shootable snub IMHO is the SP101 with Pachmayr Compacs on. The Lett grips on the SP101 ar too small for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The most shootable snub IMHO is the SP101 with Pachmayr Compacs on. The Lett grips on the SP101 ar too small for my taste.
    Hizzie do the Pachmayr compacts stay put on your SP? I want to try them but have heard people say they did not mount solid and rocked-wiggled.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 02-16-2018 at 12:49 PM.

User Tag List