Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Most shootable snub?

Quote Originally Posted by rex g View Post
    arevalo sounds familiar, so i may recognize him on sight, but cannot match a face with the name, at the moment. Houston is trying to match connecticut in land area, and midwest division is between central and westside, so it was not common for me to meet westside folks.
    cool,he married the finest little girl that ever came out of bossier city
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

My all time favorite snub is the 2” model 15. I run one well enough that the rangemaster at my office has commented that I should carry one on duty (half joking).
    I actually shoot my .357 LCR almost as well as that 15. I have never fired .357s out of it and don’t really plan on it. I carry Speer 135gr Gold Dots and usually run WWB 130gr FMJ for practice. I find it to be a pretty soft shooting combination.

Shot the K6s again over the weekend, Mostly 15 yds + and I was shooting nothing but Magnums through the gun, the load duplicates the Speer Short Barrel Magnum load. Fired 30 rounds in 15 degree weather and the gun functioned without a hangup. I froze out!

Two things that requires me to rethink what this gun is for. The action is so smooth that you want to shoot it like an old PPC gun. The sights (I have the 3 dot) are for close up. fast DA work. The action complements the sights. The rounds go where the sights are looking. 357s are going to require a bigger, better grip i.e... Wood Altamonts Altai?!

The more I handle this revolver the more I appreciate the "melt" job and the ease of carry and how easy it is to shoot. 25 yd bullseye work would require a different set of sights but mechanically this gun could do it. More to follow. I'm coming under the impression that I obtained a "custom" snubnose 357 for less than $700, and no wait time.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 02-27-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Shot the K6s again over the weekend, Mostly 15 yds + and I was shooting nothing but Magnums through the gun, the load duplicates the Speer Short Barrel Magnum load. Fired 30 rounds in 15 degree weather and the gun functioned without a hangup. I froze out!

Two things that requires me to rethink what this gun is for. The action is so smooth that you want to shoot it like an old PPC gun. The sights (I have the 3 dot) are for close up. fast DA work. The action complements the sights. The rounds go where the sights are looking. 357s are going to require a bigger, better grip i.e... Wood Altamonts Altai?!

The more I handle this revolver the more I appreciate the "melt" job and the ease of carry and how easy it is to shoot. 25 yd bullseye work would require a different set of sights but mechanically this gun could do it. More to follow. I'm coming under the impression that I obtained a "custom" snubnose 357 for less than $700, and no wait time.
    I hate you

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    I hate you

No more than I.... and, just for more punishment, pictures??

Not that I'm even remotely interested in the K6, but... are there any good AIWB holsters out there yet for it?

My other reply disappeared so the short version: Straight draw IWB Don Hume H715 MSO NO. 52-2 1/4. Built for a SP 101.

Trying to learn how to use imgur. Here is an attempt to produce an image in this thread:

https://i.imgur.com/jmTy00A.jpg

Name:  DSCF0421.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  71.0 KBName:  DSCF0413.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  77.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Trying to learn how to use imgur. Here is an attempt to produce an image in this thread:

https://i.imgur.com/jmTy00A.jpg

Name:  DSCF0421.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  71.0 KBName:  DSCF0413.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  77.3 KB
    Those sights must make a huge difference in the shootability of that gun, and I doubt that concealability would be noticably impacted.

Bill the sights are "solid", easy to pick up and great for fast shooting. Not a bullseye sight for sure, but they can clang the metal on a steel rack. I've missed a few times with it but it's been operator error. Trying to push too fast. Excellent carry revolver, melted and runs like a tuned V6!

User Tag List