Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contemplating a revolver for AIWB - Wiley Clapp GP100?

https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1774.html

You might consider this one. 1/2" shorter barrel, one extra round, and comes with the compact grips. Only downsides I can see as compared to the WC would be if you were dead set on the Novak sights and likely lack of speedloaders. I've not found the Ruger rear adjustable to be particularly snag prone, but a bobbed hammer might exaserbate(sp?) that issue.

ETA:

https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1763.html

Just saw this one....6 shot with standard fixed rear and dovetailed front sight. It would be particularly snag-proof with a bobbed hammer spur.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 02-16-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Y'all are seriously not making this easy!

Lack of speedloaders???

Safariland Comp II and Comp III are still available. JetLoaders are still out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Lack of speedloaders???

Safariland Comp II and Comp III are still available. JetLoaders are still out there.
    For 7 round GP100's?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    For 7 round GP100's?

Yeah, 7 Shooters you’re stuck with twisties like 5 Star and HKS unless the heavens smile upon you and you find some SL Variants.

Hmmm. SpeedBeez lists a separate model for the 7 shot GP.

https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...38-357-7-shot/
    Last edited by Hizzie; 02-25-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

After trying different stuff, the S&W 642 is the only thing so far that works IWB for me. Others are too large, too heavy or poke me too much. Part of my problem is the spare tire.

Site Supporter
    This thread inspired me to try out a WC GP100. I forgot how big GPs are compared to the SP101. This thing is massive, one could definitely KO a fool with the muzzle. Sissy glocks can't do that! [emoji848]

Potential thread hijack...mods delete if I shouldn’t post this here.

I have a WC sp101. It carries well AIWB. I would consider selling to to a forum member that would get use out of it [emoji848]. I have not shot it as much as I’d like, I had a hard time finding a load that hit to the sights for me. It’s also really heavy for the capacity. I have dry fired it quite a bit, and I have a Wilson spring kit and blade tech nano that would go with it. I know this isn’t the classifieds, but I am a site supporter. I’m not really trying to get rid of it but it’s been shelved in favor of TDA auto work for now. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List