Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta BrigTac, CenTac reloads

What Les said. Beretta's like oversized bullets Any of the manufacturers mentioned in this thread will take care of you. Blue Bullets sizes on the small side, my guess is so that more of them pass the case gage and they spend less time on the phone answering questions about why a customers reloads won't pass a SAMMI spec case gage. I, and I assume most others, shoot coated lead bullets for cost savings. But we need to remember and adhere to the basic principles of reloading lead bullets, the coating simply broadens the parameters they work in. Lead bullets need to be .001 over bore diameter, this helps achieve a good seal of the bullet to the bore (obturation), prevents the hot gasses of the powder slipping by and getting between the bullet and the bore which can cause leading. http://www.lasc.us/TaylorLeadingDefined.htm Here is a link to an article by Jim Taylor posted over on the Los Angeles Silhouette Club website that describes the various types of leading and what causes them. There is a ton of information on that site regarding cast bullets if one had some time to kill.

Thank you all. @dsa I appreciate the detailed info. The article you linked is on my read list for tonight while I enjoy a Buffalo Trace.

In my BrigTac, 3 of the most accurate hand loads were with the Hornady 115 HAP. Groups were 1.5 to 1.75" at 20 yards. The best hand load was with Montana Gold 115 JHP at 1.375". The best group the gun has shot was with Winchester 147 Super Unleaded X9mmSU2. 1.0" in the x-ring at 20 yards.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    In my BrigTac, 3 of the most accurate hand loads were with the Hornady 115 HAP. Groups were 1.5 to 1.75" at 20 yards. The best hand load was with Montana Gold 115 JHP at 1.375". The best group the gun has shot was with Winchester 147 Super Unleaded X9mmSU2. 1.0" in the x-ring at 20 yards.
    Nice, Mr Money bags...

I'd shoot HAPs and MGs all day if I didn't have to buy diapers and milk...

I'll stop being a smart ass for a sec and say that my compacts and older centurions did just fine with 147 .357" SNS's...

Site Supporter
    122 grain Dardas FP cast lead 9mm bullets sized .357 shot very well for me out of a previously owned Beretta 92 FC compact from the '80s.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-16-2018 at 03:56 PM.

User Tag List