Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta BrigTac, CenTac reloads

Beretta BrigTac, CenTac reloads

From talking to other people and doing some reading I understand that Beretta barrels typically have a large bore. What about the Wilson Berettas?

Wilson states that they have stainless match barrels. Are the bore ID’s any different? What type and diameter of bullets are others running with success in their Wilson Berettas?

I’m trying to work around some leading issues.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Interested in this thread. I’m haven’t been reloading since the move to RI, but will be in a new home in April so that will change soon. I haven’t heard about the Beretta bore thing. Perhaps things have changed, but by shopping around I was able in the past to find plated bullets cheap enough to make me swear off lead.

I hate cleaning lead. Looking forward to hearing more. Thanks.

I probably should have stated that I was using poly coated bullets. No issues with them in the past but the Centurion does not like them at all. I'm trying some .356 Xtremes next but damn, $$$, they are proud of them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I probably should have stated that I was using poly coated bullets. No issues with them in the past but the Centurion does not like them at all. I'm trying some .356 Xtremes next but damn, $$$, they are proud of them.
    Try these guys. Excellent quality, good prices, and they'll size them like you want them. FWIW, my Brigadier liked .357".

BrigTac and CenTac both need .357" bullets if you're using poly/moly coated. They shoot fine with .355-.357" plated bullets, tho. Ditto with jacketed.
    But for lead and poly/moly coated, go with .357.

Being a shill for http://http://www.snscasting.com, I love the 147gr .357" bullets over some Win231. Soft, clean, accurate.

If you use the code "HTFU", you get 5% off your first order.

http://instagram.com/p/Ba2Zupgn3Ti/

All the makers; SNS, Bayou, Blue Bullets, Gallant, Acme all have similar products priced about the same that serve the region they're located in, really. Can't go wrong with any of 'em.
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 02-16-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Did you try different bullet weights? I wouldn't be so quick to write off coated bullets.
    #RESIST

I can confirm that Les’ 147 gr pepperoni poppers work quite well in the Brig Tac barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Did you try different bullet weights? I wouldn't be so quick to write off coated bullets.
    147 Blue bullets are all I’ve tried so far.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

147 Blue bullets are all I’ve tried so far.
    I'd try some 124s, maybe some 135s, but first, make sure this isn't a bad batch of bullets. Maybe one of us could send you a few of a similar bullet. In my experience, sometimes the coating doesn't work that well on the bullets, hence the leading issues. @dsa from Leatherhead Bullets could prolly help you.
    #RESIST

I would highly recommend the 147 gr .357-sized SNS bullets. If you decide to go with another brand of coated bullet, just make sure to look at their .357-sized offerings. Blue bullets does have some 147 gr .358 bullets that I have used in my Beretta, but they do take some tweaking in terms of belling, seating depth and are more picky about the type of case used since they're well on the outside of normal 9mm specs. I have found the SNS versions to be pretty plug and play and require a lot less effort.

User Tag List