Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1142

Thread: Parkland Florida School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Oh, yeah, fuck him.

Quote from the article:

Apparently if you don't do anything, you can't do anything wrong.

We don't need SROs, we need school samurai. At the swearing in, they promise to forfeit their life if they fail. That should clear up expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Arigato, Hambo-san...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I retired from full-time LE in Dec. 2018. Just before I left the State, the now-Chief at my initial city agency asked me to come work as an SRO (part-time, just during school hours, off holidays/summer). He was also my SWAT, Motor, etc. Sergeant when I worked at the City.

Years back when I worked Patrol, the SRO position was generally for those not cut out to hack the street. I asked my friend, "Do I have to teach DARE classes or wear a damn McGruff the Crime Dog outfit?".

His response, "Hell no...you're just their to shoot some muthafucker in the face if they come into that school to harm anyone. You don't have a problem with that, do you? [emoji846]"

Nope...sign me up. I'll shoot them in the face until momma won't recognize them.

Instead of standing in one spot for 48 minutes and cowering, I've told our Patrol guys that they better hurry and get on-scene to stop me from sawing said shitbag's head off with my folding knife and sticking it on a pole out front of the school.

But the hiring pool of retired officers for the SRO position is pretty shallow. We have a couple of guys that retired from an adjoining large city agency. Their firearms proficiency, admitted by them, is lackluster. On a recent range day one told us, "At BPD, it usually took me three or four tries to qualify". And he seemed astounded that the rest of us shot 100 on the first attempt.

Kind of goes to my earlier question to blues.

We need the agencies that hire these people to look for kick ass ass kickers, not some sort of Hall Monitor / guidance counselor / social worker type.

Training should focus on:
    1. How to respond to a school shooter
    2. How to respond to multiple School shooters
    3. How to respond to a knife attacker/ bombing/you get the picture, not alphabet soup sensitivity training.

Firearms abilities need to be above that of the average cop. Just like FAMS, a stray bullet that misses its Target is a potential disaster.

Site Supporter
    https://youtu.be/LAQCc07kZbo

Parkland jurors send complaints to DA, judge following inability to agree to death penalty for Nikolas Cruz
    Nikolas Cruz is expected to face a sentence of life in prison for the 2018 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre

Convicted Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz returned to court for a surprise post-deliberation hearing Friday after jurors squabbling over whether he should be put to death sent complaints to the judge and prosecutor’s office.

Prosecutors alerted the court Thursday that a juror had received an alleged threat during deliberations and asked for an investigation.

"It may be nothing, but it may be something," Assistant State Attorney Carolyn McCann told the court.

In a letter to the judge, a different juror claimed she was accused by other jurors of deciding on life imprisonment "before the trial started" and never considering the death penalty for the school shooting attack, which left 17 dead on Valentine’s Day in 2018 — a date Cruz said he picked in order to ruin the holiday for the community in perpetuity.

"This allegation is untrue, and I maintained my oath to the court that I would be fair and unbiased," the juror wrote.

Florida Judge Elizabeth Scherer also said that two jurors had asked her after the end of the hearing Thursday to speak with her. She said she told them that was not appropriate and thought the matter was over.

However, prosecutor Michael Satz’s office filed a motion to interview a juror after getting a message from one of the jurors claiming she received "what she perceived to be a threat from a fellow juror while in the jury room."

Prosecutors said that rather than having the state attorney’s office interview the juror, due to the possibility of a crime having been committed, he wanted police to conduct the interview.

"We are not seeking to set aside the verdict," McCann told the court Friday. "However, the allegation by a juror where they leave a message that they have received what they have perceived to be a threat from a fellow juror in the jury room cannot be ignored. This is a safety issue."

The juror who left the message is not the same juror who sent Scherer the note, McCann added.

The judge said she had given the information to the sheriff’s office and a potential investigation would be up to them.

Cruz, 24, pleaded guilty last year to the murders of 14 students and three staff members at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14, 2018.

Former Deputy Scot Peterson was found not guilty on child neglect charges.

I think the guy is trash, but I also think a guilty verdict could have set a bad precedent.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-j...lty-all-counts

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

I think the guy is trash, but I also think a guilty verdict could have set a bad precedent.

Yeah, not a legal expert by any means but it does seem like they were just trying to find any way to throw a charge against him that would stick, and it didn't.

Hopefully the fact that he's been branded a coward by just about all news agencies, as well as the internet, for several years now will stick with him for the rest of his life.

Based upon what I've read about his training, job performance prior to this, and such is I believe that if he had charged towards the shooter he would have been killed himself. He was not the right man for that job and I hope whoever it was that hired him for that job either lost their job or got severely reprimanded, punished.

The process is the punishment.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Moderator edit... I'm deleting this.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-29-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    I could be really fucking harsh and ask if he still gets his pension and state bennies. Idk what Florida gives.

I’m just going to say that the traumatic event he has been through. Keeps him up at night. If that were me.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

You're probably right, but I really hope the verdict doesn't give him peace.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I could be really fucking harsh and ask if he still gets his pension and state bennies. Idk what Florida gives.

I’m just going to say that the traumatic event he has been through. Keeps him up at night. If that were me.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna874656

Disgraced deputy in Parkland school massacre is collecting six-figure pension

The Florida deputy who failed to confront the gun-toting teen accused in the Parkland high school massacre is now collecting a pension that works out to $104,424 a year — for life, a state official confirmed Wednesday.

And relatives and representatives of the 17 people killed and 17 people wounded at the school on Valentine’s Day are appalled that taxpayers are funding Scot Peterson’s retirement.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yeah, not a legal expert by any means but it does seem like they were just trying to find any way to throw a charge against him that would stick, and it didn't.

Hopefully the fact that he's been branded a coward by just about all news agencies, as well as the internet, for several years now will stick with him for the rest of his life.

Based upon what I've read about his training, job performance prior to this, and such is I believe that if he had charged towards the shooter he would have been killed himself. He was not the right man for that job and I hope whoever it was that hired him for that job either lost their job or got severely reprimanded, punished.
    I knew of some good SROs. And at least one who was stashed there because it was too hard to fire him.

Now, it’s a job where the old unofficial motto of the USCG applies: “You have to go, you don’t have to come back.”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List