Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1142

Thread: Parkland Florida School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    https://www.menshealth.com
    I had my barber trim my mustache and saw this article.
    I have to confess to not knowing what you were getting at with this link. On the other hand, my pecs are 2xlarger just by clicking…
    ;)
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have to confess to not knowing what you were getting at with this link. On the other hand, my pecs are 2xlarger just by clicking…
    The link didn't paste properly and I can't make it work. If you google Scot Peterson Men's Health interview, the article is interesting. While I was very disappointed in his actions on the fateful day, I think even less of him after reading the article.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    The link didn't paste properly and I can't make it work. If you google Scot Peterson Men's Health interview, the article is interesting. While I was very disappointed in his actions on the fateful day, I think even less of him after reading the article.
    https://www.menshealth.com/trending-...land-shooting/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Man, tough read.

Looks like he may be a neighbor of @blues. Maybe they could meet up for a burger one day and swap war stories-but that would be a very one sided conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Man, tough read.

Looks like he may be a neighbor of @blues. Maybe they could meet up for a burger one day and swap war stories-but that would be a very one sided conversation.
    There's no way I'm reading that article...and no way I'm interested in finding out if he lives anywhere near my piece of the Carolina mountains. (Sounds like he may be closer to the TN side of the divide. Either way...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I made the mistake of reading it.

Fuck that guy.

I knew a lot of cops like him. They know they can't face high order violence, so they deny the possibility.
    "I won't have to..."
    "I'm a detective..."
    "I work admin..."
    "I'm a supervisor..."
    I heard all these working the range.
    I saw the ones who never showed up on hot calls. Ever.
    This is what affirmative action has gotten us. When you lower standards to hire by quota you get lower quality across the board. Male, female, black and white. Then you have to promote them. Then they influence everything in an echo across decades.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I knew a lot of cops like him. They know they can't face high order violence, so they deny the possibility.
    "I won't have to..."
    "I'm a detective..."
    "I work admin..."
    "I'm a supervisor..."
    This is what affirmative action has gotten us. When you lower standards to hire by quota you get lower quality across the board. Male, female, black and white. Then you have to promote them. Then they influence everything in an echo across decades.
    It's all about checking boxes, baby...and keeping the narrative alive. Facts be damned.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    "I won't have to..."
    "I'm a detective..."
    "I work admin..."
    "I'm a supervisor..."
    I feel like just maybe there might be a problem when cowards are promoted to the highest level of a profession that requires bravery...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's all about checking boxes, baby...and keeping the narrative alive. Facts be damned.
    Don't doubt any of that.

Question:

To paraphrase a poster in the Uvalde thread:
    America expects its LEO'S to be Barney Fife up until the moment something bad happens, then they expect them to transform into Jack Reacher.

And all of their training, promotions, grading is done on the Barney component, not the Reacher.

Would you agree with that assessment and is that playing a role in these screw-ups?

Thanks

User Tag List