Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkland Florida School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    I wonder... if any foreign money/players could possibly be funding any of that anti-constitution activity.
    Ivan-der...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I'm at the point that personally I can't say what should be done(if anything), but I can say much about what I fear. We must not forget that money will be required to defend against the on-going and soon to increase anti-2A; hence, you and I should be contributing to this effort. Since these shootings appear to be copy cat behavior, others like them may occur.

Thinking about what may be proposed and could happen, I imagined this possibility: removing assault weapons from the rifle category and placing them in a separate group. Purchase age would be 21 and not 18. Further, ownership requirements might be similar to rules already in place for obtaining a chl. And then, sales of these weapons between individuals would require transfer through a licensed dealer. Note that I am not recommending this action but see it as a possibility.

Guns are valuable, and many of us have enjoyed buying and selling them. Some will oppose new regulations because they might restrict "free market" wheeling and dealing in the hobby. In this case, 2A fervor and concern for profit ride in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Ivan-der...
    Damn.. that's funnier than it should be,..
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I would not bet money on that.

Nationwide marches are being organized.
    Yes. It goes to my point, that while no immediate legislation may pass, it's planting the seed of anti 2a sentiment in future voters. People who will vote for Chris Murphy, Andrew Cuomo, or Corey Booker as your next President. That's when national gun regulations will come into play.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Yes. It goes to my point, that while no immediate legislation may pass, it's planting the seed of anti 2a sentiment in future voters. People who will vote for Chris Murphy, Andrew Cuomo, or Corey Booker as your next President. That's when national gun regulations will come into play.
    Better practice stamping your foot and giving a stern look to anyone attempting to perpetrate a (violent) criminal act in future.

That'll keep us safe for sure since criminals, sociopaths, psychopaths and politically motivated terrorists (homegrown and foreign) will no longer have a need to bring weapons or violence into the equation.

/sarcasm
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I should have clarified, but I was getting tired - some of the anti2a arguments I put out, were more against guns in general rather than specifically geared towards mass shootings (ie, the pools, cars, etc).

Also, Colion Noir, love him or hate him, made a nice distinction between what something is designed for and what it is capable of, and being aware of both. So yes, a pool is not designed for killing, so it's still capable of doing so. Just like a car. So yes, a gun is designed and capable for killing - it's also capable of saving your life - and being responsible and safe needs to follow that understanding.
    You cannot reason with unreasonable people. Andrew Cuomo is a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You mentioned attend8ng a small high school and mentioned 900 students as the max size for a school.

The Parkland school was a combined middle school and high school with 3400. High schools with 2000 to 4000 students are not uncommon.

Barring an active shooter situation SRO or ISD police officer tends to be a Job best suited to guys retired from something else in LE. They have more patience with the kids and have had enough action that a day when nothing happens is “a good day” instead of “boring.”
    I believe they said there were 2 BSO dep. on the campus at the time of the shooting, I'm not sure in what capacity if they were SRO's or not.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    The following is good piece for the unaware who say "We need to do something"

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-...un-controls%3F
    This should be required reading for everyone here. If you folks haven't read it yet, please take the time and read it now. Its not what you might be thinking and I promise you it's worth it.

Thanks to you, "CCT," for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You cannot reason with unreasonable people. Andrew Cuomo is a prime example.
    Well, the battle for 2a is not going to be won on reason - it's going to be won in the court of public opinion - and anti2a controls that with CNN, Washington Post, and Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    This should be required reading for everyone here. If you folks haven't read it yet, please take the time and read it now. Its not what you might be thinking and I promise you it's worth it.

Thanks to you, "CCT," for posting it.
    That's good stuff.

User Tag List