Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Box to Match REVIEW HK P30L

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    George is just grumpy because he has to fly a plane with cartoon-sized tires because of where he is instead of a P-51 Mustang...

Best, Jon
    Usually I wait until 8pm to make LEM jokes, when all the LEM guys have gone to sleep.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Usually I wait until 8pm to make LEM jokes, when all the LEM guys have gone to sleep.

The nursing home let’s them stay up until 9:00 on Thursdays for bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The nursing home let’s them stay up until 9:00 on Thursdays for bingo.
    I'd probably be mad at you guys, but as my bride says I "pretty much resemble those remarks".

Not ready to release the P30 LEM video yet, but as luck would have it my dear wife and the RO somehow linked up and I have timer footage on two runs on steel with
    split times of .17 and .15. That is not shooting the berm, that is at a match on day one and on target. LEM...for slow people? LEM not a competition trigger? Hmm... Maybe
    it is, maybe it isn't...more time behind the gun will tell me.

The video below... 1.01 draw, .21 split for target 1, .26 transition to target 2 with a .15 split on that one then on to the stop plate at .28 for a total of 1.91

https://vimeo.com/259266366
    Last edited by P.E. Kelley; 03-08-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Not ready to release the P30 LEM video yet, but as luck would have it my dear wife and the RO somehow linked up and I have timer footage on two runs on steel with
    split times of .17 and .15. That is not shooting the berm, that is at a match on day one and on target. LEM...for slow people? LEM not a competition trigger? Hmm... Maybe

The video below... 1.01 draw, .21 split for target 1, .26 transition to target 2 with a .15 split on that one then on to the stop plate at .28 for a total of 1.91

That’s very impressive. Ive been able to run sub .2 splits with the P30sk.

I’ve been eyeing a P30L. Just might have to pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very fast, man. Good shooting!

Hammertime

Madre de Dios!

Great shooting Patrick, I look forward to the full review!

What intrigues me is how some can pick up a LEM gun and have no problem shooting it well, while others struggle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Great shooting Patrick, I look forward to the full review!

What intrigues me is how some can pick up a LEM gun and have no problem shooting it well, while others struggle with them.
    If I had to pick one thing that many need to work on (and I must remind myself of at nearly every match!) IS...G R I P@!

A really well grasped pistol will not only respond well in its ability to function, but it will work to dampen otherwise crappy trigger
    manipulations.

Watch enough of my videos and I talk about "running my grip up" as in grab the damn tool like you mean to do business with it!
    Last edited by P.E. Kelley; 03-09-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

if you learned to shoot bullseye pistol first, where the only thing that counts is accuracy, then you were taught to hold the pistol with less than death grip firmness. to let it recoil back, as follow up shots had plenty of time to happen. but that same lesson will hinder your two handed action shooting performance, where you want to reduce recoil as much as possible so you can get back on target as fast as possible. you have to hit a 8" or sometimes a 4" circle most of the time, far more margin for error than the X ring at a little over 1" in size (1.695" to be exact). the 8 ring on a B-8 is 8"!

so hold on tight, put your sights on the target, pull the trigger without moving the sights, and do that again as fast as you can.

enjoyed your videos Mr. Kelley. a buddy of mine just got the P30L, so i'm looking forward to his impressions of it and see how well he shoots it next match (sunday).

User Tag List