Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Box to Match REVIEW HK P30L

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    That would be...none. But I will get it after the BEEP!
    That makes it even more interesting! Be cool to see someone with your experience on their first time with an LEM. I've only got 150 rounds through my P30sk LEM so far, but not on a timer (gonna start looking into shot timers this week)

That would be...none. But I will get it after the BEEP!
    This will be fun -- and I don't want to create any expectation good, bad or otherwise, since you are a LEM virgin! Getting an excellent shooter, experienced with many different types of pistols, to run the LEM across your steel, group shooting and general impression gauntlet will be quite interesting.

Is it light LEM or regular?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll definitely be looking forward to your experience/review with it. While I did decently with mine out of the box (successfully completing an IDPA classifier when I had a very low round count on mine), there's definitely been a learning curve to approach truly mastering it. There are some truly excellent threads on the forum here that provide cogent discussion on the LEM and the specific techniques needed to use and get the most out of it. I thought this thread was one of the best: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=Dagga

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'll definitely be looking forward to your experience/review with it. While I did decently with mine out of the box (successfully completing an IDPA classifier when I had a very low round count on mine), there's definitely been a learning curve to approach truly mastering it. There are some truly excellent threads on the forum here that provide cogent discussion on the LEM and the specific techniques needed to use and get the most out of it. I thought this thread was one of the best: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=Dagga

Best, Jon
    While that is an interesting thread, I would suggest that Patrick absolutely NOT read that thread, so he approaches the upcoming review with no preconceived opinions. He is a highly skilled shooter, and he doesn't need some dudes on the internet telling him how to press trigger.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While that is an interesting thread, I would suggest that Patrick absolutely NOT read that thread, so he approaches the upcoming review with no preconceived opinions. He is a highly skilled shooter, and he doesn't need some dudes on the internet telling him how to press trigger.
    Concur. I would love to see his fresh impressions.

Well, guys, I think you've got a point; I agree that given the tenor of P.E.'s reviews, it makes eminent sense that he should shoot the P30 LEM without preconceived notions, see how it goes, and then possibly read the thread (or other things pertinent regarding LEM mastery).

Best, Jon

This will be fun -- and I don't want to create any expectation good, bad or otherwise, since you are a LEM virgin! Getting an excellent shooter, experienced with many different types of pistols, to run the LEM across your steel, group shooting and general impression gauntlet will be quite interesting.

Is it light LEM or regular?
    How does one know? Code on the box?
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Thank you for the heads up. I try to refrain from indulging any reviews of my subject guns, until after I complete mine.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

How does one know? Code on the box?
    I believe on the P30 that V1 is light LEM and V2 is regular.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...ger-chart.html

George, I'm pretty sure that while V1 is indeed the Light LEM, that's the LEM variant that HK has currently standardized on with the P30/P30L, with the V2 pretty much being rendered a special order SKU. In all likelihood, P.E. probably has the V1, assuming it's a relatively recently produced gun (within the last year I suspect).

Regarding what's on the box,when I get home I'll take a look on my box to see what specifically HK lists on it.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-20-2018 at 05:53 PM.

User Tag List