Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Box to Match REVIEW HK P30L

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I am not shooting many "Majors" as I have in the past, the BIG "C" is back in force in my home.
    I’m very sorry to hear this Patrick. Hope all is going well.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I’m very sorry to hear this Patrick. Hope all is going well.
    Somehow I missed that post earlier, but yes thoughts and prayers to you and yours and wishes for a speedy and full recovery

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    It's pretty amazing how little some gun characteristics matter...I found most peoples dislike of he HK triggers to be largely overstated.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I find trigger complaints easily the most overblown of common gun complaints. With only a few exceptions, I find most quality guns have shootable triggers.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I am not a huge fan of the p30, but it was the first gun that came to mind when I thought, “what gun would I trust the most right out of the box?”
    The last statement kinda sums up my thoughts about p30s, but I am a fan of them for that reason.

A few thoughts:

1) I really enjoy Patrick’s videos and his style — sort of a gamer’s version of Hickock45.

2) steel is a wonderful way to show pistols being shot hard, while providing instant feed back to the viewer on the hits as shots are fired.

3) steel is so interesting, as you see a speed that is working, and there is always the temptation to improve your result, almost inevitably leading to no improvement.

4) the P30L is like a dependable mini van, and but for the trigger would be even better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am not shooting many "Majors" as I have in the past, the BIG "C" is back in force in my home.

Sorry dude. That's horrible.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    As always, well done.

Them HK triggers, they ain't CZ for sure
    Funny you should say that. A few years back, I decided to go back to a DA/SA for Production. I narrowed it down to following the pack and going CZ, or doing something different and getting a P30L. I went the P30L, did it up nice, and it ran really well.

I now run a Shadow 2. Despite the fact that the P30L feels much better in my hand and has a lighter DA and SA trigger (ATM), I still shoot the CZ better.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    When my guns got stolen in a burglary a few years back I immediately drove to Clyde’s and picked up a P30 with night sights. I am not a huge fan of the p30, but it was the first gun that came to mind when I thought, “what gun would I trust the most right out of the box?”
    Believe it or not, my P30L has some jamming issues the first few hundred rounds, and I wasn’t using cheap 115 target loads. It’s been fine since then, but first time I had to break in a polymer gun.

I wish you weren't on the other side of the state... I'd offer to let you shoot my near 18,000 round count P30L v3 back-to-back with your box stock one, so you/we can see if just shooting the crap out of it really makes the trigger smoother.

@Bucky of my 3, my AK date code one did the same thing on the first box or two, but then I was a total gun virgin so it could have been Operator Error. Ammo was CCI 5200 circa 2009. It's well known the recoil spring is STIFF and likes a couple boxes of really hot stuff to get broke in, or just leaving the action open for a day or two seems to help.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 02-15-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Well, darn, that sucks.

User Tag List