Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three inch J frames

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I had a 3" stainless j-frame with adjustable sights, maybe a model 60? I'll probably be branded a heretic for saying this, but it did nothing for me. One of the first guns that I sold to someone that was an online acquaintance.
    J frames aren't for everyone. 3" J frames fill a very narrow niche that most don't care to utilize.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I first thought those were a silly idea, the gun is held at calf level, harder to retrieve than the ankle, and this big sleeve thing was bound to fall down during the course of movement during a day, likely to be uncomfortable.

Turns out to be the perfect placement for a 12" boot. which makes an ankle holster impossible to use. They are also pretty comfortable and breath reasonably well. I would not put one on and use it in the absence of my boots, but works great for that mode of dress and that location for the gun. At least for me. Someone with fatter or thinner calves might have problems with it, or tighter fit with their boots.

https://www.bugbiteholsters.com/

I usually have a J frame of some sort in mine and forget it was there by the end of the day. It has been totally secure and assuming I clear the garment, easy to draw.
    When I first saw those, I thought they's be useful with "cowboy" boots.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I keep hoping S&W will release the new 640 Pro without the internal lock but with a 3" barrel (and maybe a pinned front sight?).

Sunday I shot my 3" SP101 and my new 637 side by side with the same ammo (7.0 Longshot, 125JHP, IIRC) and really noticed a big differance in blast. Recoil was obviously diminished by weight, but the blast was very noticeable, and obviously reduced blast has to me some more velocity.

Someday I may launch a quest for a 360...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I want to say I've seen S&W 642s with a 3" barrel, but maybe it was 2.75".

http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m10.htm
    My first carry gun. It's a 1953 M&P K-frame.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

User Tag List