Thread: Help with M-Lok suppressor friendly rail.

Help with M-Lok suppressor friendly rail.

Since I can't seem to find a local store that carries what I am looking for I thought I would ask for some options and help here. Right now I am looking at replacing the hand guard on my two SBR's. Presently I have a KAC URX 8" 3.1's installed and am currently looking at the AERO Quantum M-Lok 12" rail. I am looking to put my suppressor under it hence the Quantum. The barrels are 9" 300BLK's with Omega's directly mounted. I realize it's a rather large suppressor to fit under a handguard but my hearing is messed up already and I don't ever shoot any long gun without a suppressor plus hearing protection anymore. I'm looking to cover the first few inches of the suppressor as 1) I'd like to protect it a little better and 2) I'd like to mount a M600 on the rail further forward than the URX allows because I'm concerned about heating issues coming from the suppressor and would like to shield the light a little better. Lastly I would also would prefer an offset run off the M-Lok so I am also looking for a mount to use ICW the M600 DSS.

Recap:

If anyone has experience with the Quantum I'd really like to hear it. Especially if you feel the the rail is too bulky/fat. I looked at SLR because some of their rails are thinner but flared towards the end but nothing looked like I could mount the Omega under it.

If you have experience with another rail you think might fit the bill I'd love to hear it, especially if it is more narrow towards the middle and flares towards the end to allow for the suppressor to be under mounted and somewhat protected.

Any experiences or recommendations for M-Lok offset mounts that work well with Surefires' line of lights would be helpful. Additionally I'm not completely opposed to going to a smaller light or different but I already have the DSS models and really like using AA's and AAA's for everything I presently have.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Site Supporter
    I don’t have an answer to your question, but I’d recommend that the rail can be easily removed. Having the direct thread adapter from your Omega stay on the gun when the can is removed will be especially unfun if the rail is a pain to remove. I’d also be surprised if you would get any usable M-Lok with the longer rail due to the can interfering with the attachment hardware. Running an offset mount on the top rail or using a forward cantilever mount are probably the only options to get the light out farther forward.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I don’t have an answer to your question, but I’d recommend that the rail can be easily removed. Having the direct thread adapter from your Omega stay on the gun when the can is removed will be especially unfun if the rail is a pain to remove. I’d also be surprised if you would get any usable M-Lok with the longer rail due to the can interfering with the attachment hardware. Running an offset mount on the top rail or using a forward cantilever mount are probably the only options to get the light out farther forward.
    Thanks Joshs the concearn about clearance with the m-lok is warranted and why I am leaning toward the Quantum. They are supposed to give enough clearance for the m-lok to still function. I'm just concerned about the over all ext diameter of the rail being too large.

Point taken on the direct thread adapted getting stuck alas well, this was why I initially went with the shorter urx. I would have no issues going back to qd. I like the idea of a two piece that would allow me to drop the bottom to get the suppressor off and clean everything but I don't think anything exists in the diameter I'm looking for to accommodate the suppressor in a two piece. I guess this is just typical of me looking for crap that doesn't exist because I'm an oddity. Thanks anyways man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-12-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Anyone use the arasaka defense scout m-lok mount? Opinions?

https://arisakadefense.com/products/...ut-mount-m-lok

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Anyone use the arasaka defense scout m-lok mount? Opinions?

https://arisakadefense.com/products/...ut-mount-m-lok
    I have 3 Arisaka mounts, and they're all excellent. Because of the offsetting feature, you can tuck a Scout light in closer to the hand guard than is possible with any other mount I've used. There's a reason their mounts (and the collaboration lights they do with Malkoff) are always out of stock.

The Seekins MCSR V2 rail is has a 1.8" ID and is available in M-lok. No experience with them, just mentioning because it fits.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/part...mcsr-rail.html

Good option I’ll give it a look. Thanks StratR.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-13-2018 at 09:43 PM.

FWIW, you can get your light offset to 45 without an inline mount. Here is one that will work off a 3:00/9:00 rail section.

https://arisakadefense.com/collectio...ut-mount-m-lok

I'm not aware of any rails that flare at the end. SLR mills the OD portion of the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock rails in the middle (like the KAC URX 3.0/3.1) of the Solo series which makes it appear and feel skinny in the middle, but the ID is the same (1.3") all the way through. Because the Omega has a 1.5" OD, the number of rails with an ID big enough to cover one will be limited, and they will undoubtably feel fat and bulky compared to rails like the KMR, CMR, or MCMR. No such thing as a skinny rail with >1.5" ID.

The Aero Quantum looks like a great option at 1.78" ID.

I just bought the Quantum, I guess I'll find out if it is too large or not. I also grabbed up a QD mount and the M-Lok mount from Arisaka. The light bodies and the Malkoff front ends are tempting, the run time and brightness is impressive and as much as others on here rave about them I think I might have to get an order in with them when they come back in stock. I think I am going to be happy.

User Tag List